Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MOPAR Extended warranty goes in effect 11/24 or right now as I hit 33K a week ago.
Now its the 7 yr/100K mile warranty. Now I assume its 7 yrs on the original vehicle purchase date and total 100K. Not 7 yrs after effective date and 100K miles.

Now does it also cover soft-top and hard tops issues? Like water leaks, etc?
I understand not wear and tear on these items.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Mopar extended warranty date begins on the day you bought your Jeep. I'm not sure about the other questions.

Yeah, though so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
129 Posts
My MOPAR Extended warranty goes in effect 11/24 or right now as I hit 33K a week ago.

Now its the 7 yr/100K mile warranty. Now I assume its 7 yrs on the original vehicle purchase date and total 100K. Not 7 yrs after effective date and 100K miles.

A bumper-to-bumper extended warranty should cover the soft-top and hard top to include water leaks. But I agree, wear and tear are not covered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reading your contract will educate you on what is and what is not covered.

Yes I did. Not roofs are mentioned. Body is mentioned and not covered as to damage, etc. so specific roof questions and not addressed, yet “Bumper to Bumper.” Why I asked as honestly, poorly written

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

Under the exclusions list ("The Plan Will Not Cover...")

Exterior - tires; body sheet metal; glass; plastic lenses; paint; bright metal; bumpers; side-view mirrors (glass/housing); wheel covers; steel wheels; aluminum wheels; rusted or frozen rims; weather strips; rust; water leaks; restricted drain tubes; wind noises; all outer body panels; spoilers; plastic and fiberglass body parts; vinyl tops; convertible top fabric; repairs or damage caused by environmental factors such as acid rain, tree sap, salt or ocean spray

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Under the exclusions list ("The Plan Will Not Cover...")

Thanks. Will make make that page was included. Guess I missed window on the hardtop leaking.

Appreciate it. Lousy coverage and Subaru’s plan is so much better.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Check your hinges for corrosion - if any signs get it fixed now. Trust me on this one as I speak from expierience. 5 of 8 were fixed under 3/36 - the other 3 are showing signs and they won’t cover them.

·
Registered
428 Posts
After spending the money on an extended warranty and then trying to use it on various things (e-sway bar crapped out, air bag light in dash) only to have coverage denied, I’ve concluded that extended warranties are a scam and a waste of money. Take a look at the fine print of all the exclusions and it will become sadly evident how useless the warranty is.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My extended warranty expired last month, but when I had it it was used four times and all I paid was the $100 deductible. The last was replacement of the TIPM which would have been $1,000 without the warranty.

·
Premium Member
6,896 Posts
Update on my Mopar MaxCare lifetime bumper-to-bumper warranty...err, service contract. There's a USB port in the center console on my wife's 2013 JK. The other day when she tried to plug in her iPod the USB port pushed loose and got stuck somewhere behind the console wall.

She took it to the dealer yesterday and after an hour they told her that some clip that holds the USB in place broke and the entire console would have to be replaced. They also said it was a cosmetic item and NOT covered by the warranty. Total cost, parts and labor, would be around $700. She declined the offer.

I did some research and found that it is not an uncommon problem for that USB port to come loose. After a bit of effort I managed to fish it out and reattached it to the one remaining clip on the console wall and used a bit of Super Glue to hopefully hold it in place. It looks fine from the outside and works again.

It is not a cosmetic trim piece but rather part of the Uconnect radio entertainment system. The $1,950 I paid for the warranty has already paid for itself in other repairs but I think it should have covered this one, too.

·
Super Moderator
1,870 Posts
After spending the money on an extended warranty and then trying to use it on various things (e-sway bar crapped out, air bag light in dash) only to have coverage denied, I’ve concluded that extended warranties are a scam and a waste of money. Take a look at the fine print of all the exclusions and it will become sadly evident how useless the warranty is.
What was their reason behind those denials? Air bag issues not covered?

The e-sway was one of the major concerns I had when I went for the MaxCare because of all the failures.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Why are they not covered? After reading the MOPAR warranty they should be covered unless a mod caused the issues.
May want to got o a different dealer.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Copy and pasted from my MaxCare contract: States USB outlets ARE covered.

LUXURY GROUP: Keyless Entry Sensors and Receiver/Module; Trip Computer; Message Center; Overhead Electronic Vehicle
Information Center; Overhead Electronic Compass/Temperature; Power Sunroof Motor; Convertible Top Motor; Electric Mirror Motor
and Controls; Cruise Control Servo; Headlight Door Motor; Concealed Headlamp Module; Park Assist Module; Park Assist Sensors;
Back Up Assist Camera; Door Latches; Heated Seat Systems; Factory Installed Remote Start System; Heated Steering Wheel;
In-Vehicle Wireless Charging Station; USB Outlets; 120V Outlets.

Update on my Mopar MaxCare lifetime bumper-to-bumper warranty...err, service contract. There's a USB port in the center console on my wife's 2013 JK. The other day when she tried to plug in her iPod the USB port pushed loose and got stuck somewhere behind the console wall.

She took it to the dealer yesterday and after an hour they told her that some clip that holds the USB in place broke and the entire console would have to be replaced. They also said it was a cosmetic item and NOT covered by the warranty. Total cost, parts and labor, would be around $700. She declined the offer.

I did some research and found that it is not an uncommon problem for that USB port to come loose. After a bit of effort I managed to fish it out and reattached it to the one remaining clip on the console wall and used a bit of Super Glue to hopefully hold it in place. It looks fine from the outside and works again.

It is not a cosmetic trim piece but rather part of the Uconnect radio entertainment system. The $1,950 I paid for the warranty has already paid for itself in other repairs but I think it should have covered this one, too.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
There is no such thing as an "extended warranty" with Chrysler. It is, as someone pointed out in an earlier comment, an "extended service contract". There is a difference. Chrysler/Jeep/FCA do not commit to extending anything called a "warranty", and the items covered are very different. I learned this the hard way on a 1994 Chrysler Concorde I leased back then. Second time for same trouble with a vent actuator in the passenger kick panel, after there had been multiple failures of the transmission, cooling system, radio antenna extension mechanism, a window retract mechanism, and half a dozen other things. The service contract firm declined to cover it, the dealer declined to fix it without me signing a waiver committing to whatever cost it required up to and including $2000 for complete removal and replacement of the entire dash (which I already knew was not required, but which I was not going to allow them to falsify), and my many calls to Chrysler District and Zone Managers that went completely unanswered.

It was a gigantic scam and a ripoff of an extended service contract sold by the original dealer, and it ended up being my mistake for buying it. Never had a happier moment than the day I returned that car at the end of the lease.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Things have come a long way in the 20+ years since your Concorde experience. The MaxCare contract spells out what is and isn't covered is great detail. I have not had a single issue questioned, never mind denied. If you are committed to keeping your vehicle for the very long term, I believe that MaxCare, negotiated to a reasonable price, is a great option.

There is no such thing as an "extended warranty" with Chrysler. It is, as someone pointed out in an earlier comment, an "extended service contract". There is a difference. Chrysler/Jeep/FCA do not commit to extending anything called a "warranty", and the items covered are very different. I learned this the hard way on a 1994 Chrysler Concorde I leased back then. Second time for same trouble with a vent actuator in the passenger kick panel, after there had been multiple failures of the transmission, cooling system, radio antenna extension mechanism, a window retract mechanism, and half a dozen other things. The service contract firm declined to cover it, the dealer declined to fix it without me signing a waiver committing to whatever cost it required up to and including $2000 for complete removal and replacement of the entire dash (which I already knew was not required, but which I was not going to allow them to falsify), and my many calls to Chrysler District and Zone Managers that went completely unanswered.

It was a gigantic scam and a ripoff of an extended service contract sold by the original dealer, and it ended up being my mistake for buying it. Never had a happier moment than the day I returned that car at the end of the lease.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Things have come a long way in the 20+ years since your Concorde experience. The MaxCare contract spells out what is and isn't covered is great detail. I have not had a single issue questioned, never mind denied. If you are committed to keeping your vehicle for the very long term, I believe that MaxCare, negotiated to a reasonable price, is a great option.
I will never, under any circumstances, ever purchase another Chrysler vehicle as long as I walk this earth. Bob Lutz received a letter from me to that effect in 1997, and I remain committed to that today.

·
Premium Member
6,896 Posts

LUXURY GROUP: Keyless Entry Sensors and Receiver/Module; Trip Computer; Message Center; Overhead Electronic Vehicle
Information Center; Overhead Electronic Compass/Temperature; Power Sunroof Motor; Convertible Top Motor; Electric Mirror Motor
and Controls; Cruise Control Servo; Headlight Door Motor; Concealed Headlamp Module; Park Assist Module; Park Assist Sensors;
Back Up Assist Camera; Door Latches; Heated Seat Systems; Factory Installed Remote Start System; Heated Steering Wheel;

Interesting. Thank you VERY much for that.

·
Super Moderator
1,870 Posts

Interesting. Thank you VERY much for that.
It’s in writing...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts