Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1305 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
LOL! Can you imagine what those boxes would look like given my stellar boxing skills! :ROFLMAO:
Yes, but when opened they would be awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
@jeep63 - looks good.
the wait was worth it.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
My doors have completed their journey and are now safely in my possession. I put the rears on and they fit almost perfectly. The driver side is a ever so slightly off. Not sure how to adjust it just yet. I kinda like the rear only look. I still need to polish them up but the match is near 100%.

Now for the bad news. During transport the front driver door received two long scratches. looks like it is not through the clear but they are into it for sure. need to research how to repair them.

Enjoy them!! After letting them go i started to get sellers remorse. Ended trading my fulls +cash for a set of black ones and decided to dish out the extra cash to get power in them.
AECC1DED-636A-4DA4-BEB8-572EB93E6F6B.jpeg

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
These looks awesome. I have been holding out but I don’t know how much longer I can do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Enjoy them!! After letting them go i started to get sellers remorse. Ended trading my fulls +cash for a set of black ones and decided to dish out the extra cash to get power in them. View attachment 4431232
Nice! I’m not surprised you went back to half doors. They are great. I may regret my decision to not go full power. I just updated the harness to allow the alarm and interior lights to work. I’m in the process of replacing the passenger front door handle and rekeying the locks. It took a full 6 months to get these home but the wait really was worth it. Your Jeep is looking good!

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Okay... I tell people to search all the time before asking, but I've searched this thread and threads on other forums (Jscherb's one has good half door tutorials).

I managed to find and install the correct wiring harness for the front doors and they operate the alarm and interior lights as expected. My 10A uses the larger gray female connector upfront since it came with power mirrors, windows and locks.

The rear harness is proving harder to locate. The gray female connector on 2014+ rear harness does not work. My doors have a black female harness. I am not having any luck finding either an appropriate 2013 rear door harness or at the very least the connector needed as I can splice in the current harness if I can find the connector alone.

Does anyone have information on this rear power lock connector for 2013? Help.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
So, I spent way too much time looking for this connector. I stumbled across it on Amazon and it appears to be pretty generically applied across Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge in 2013. An adapter and pigtail is ~14.00, so for $28.00 (the cost of one factory wire harness) I can splice this onto my existing harness and be good to go. Plus, If I ever decide to do power locks, I'll have wires available to run my own.

Amazon Plug

·
Fear The Post Count
316 Posts
Finally joined the club. Trying to post a video, but I took power locks and windows out of my full doors and added them to my half doors. Not sure that was ever even offered from Jeep.
6857A1AB-731D-4172-A574-BC0DA6E2EA11.jpeg

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Nice job, and no, it was not offered by the factory

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Finally joined the club. Trying to post a video, but I took power locks and windows out of my full doors and added them to my half doors. Not sure that was ever even offered from Jeep.
View attachment 4431530
Did you actually remove the wire harness and actuator from the hard doors or buy new for the half doors? Either way your Jee looks good.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Finally joined the club. Trying to post a video, but I took power locks and windows out of my full doors and added them to my half doors. Not sure that was ever even offered from Jeep. View attachment 4431530
I want to see the power windows in action!

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Looks pretty cool. I still believe I'll be okay with manual locks and mirrors. I do have the door ajar wiring in place, so yeah.... I don't need power mirrors or locks... right... must resist... 🙈🙉🙊

1261 - 1280 of 1305 Posts