Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1305 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Dangit, I typed windows when I meant power mirrors, sorry. And yes I just took the lock actuator out of the full doors. Here is my video.

I really wanted to Windows come sliding up!!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
The heated mirrors are real nice on those cool mornings with dew all over them.
I wired up mirrors and locks on my JK.
Love the mirrors, the locks are senseless, but I did it anyway, just because

·
Registered
3,040 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
@jeep63 When I drop the top with my half doors, I also remove the door surrounds.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
i got the idea from the forum. It was pretty easy, as you know, to remove the pin and separate the pieces. i like the look for sure.
Do you pull the entire surround or just the C-pillar?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
just the C pillar. there is a pin you pull that separates the C pillar from the top piece.
Any chance you have pics ?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
@brandofamily here are some pics of the process....

assembled

remove this pin

you may need vice grips.

viola! pin is out!

separate pieces.

now you can remove the c pillar when you take the top down or the rear windows out.
Thank you. So you do not need the pin when you put them "back together" to put rear windows in?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Nope. Others can also chime in with what they do... @Main Line Willys
Thanks. I made a thread about this awhile back and it wen to nowhere. Bestop chimed in that they really liked the idea, but did not reply when I asked about how to make it work.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
I’m happy to report the Amazon plugs worked perfectly. There are also wires for the 4 other pins so i can use it to add power locks if i decide to. at this point i’m happy with door ajar, interior lights and alarm function.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dangit, I typed windows when I meant power mirrors, sorry. And yes I just took the lock actuator out of the full doors. Here is my video.

I have the same setup and I love it. Still need to paint match the doors, but it's nice to be able to lock all the doors with a single button; which isn't perfect but at least your car alarm is armed when you're out on the town.

FOR ANYONE THAT WANTS THIS SETUP: I can't tell you enough that you need to go to Mopar Tech Authority and get the Factory Wiring Manual (and the Factory Service Manual while you're at it). Some may groan about a $200+ purchase for manuals but it will save countless hours of looking online for connector types/part numbers, wire gauges, pin-outs, diagrams, etc. and it will save you money because you're confident that you didn't take a leap-of-faith before you ordered the wrong part. Time is money. There are some really good vehicle illustrations, that are better than any I've ever seen online, of where everything is located. You can also literally get the part number for the manufacturer that made the connector, so you don't have to pay the 4000% vehicle OEM markup.

The one drawback of the USB stick for the manuals is that when you start using it, it's programmed to knock out your internet connection and override a lot of your computer functions to protect the data. I run the manuals on an old spare laptop so I can use my daily laptop to actually search for things online, like where to buy stuff. Rant over and out.

1281 - 1300 of 1305 Posts