Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1301 - 1306 of 1306 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the same setup and I love it. Still need to paint match the doors, but it's nice to be able to lock all the doors with a single button; which isn't perfect but at least your car alarm is armed when you're out on the town.

FOR ANYONE THAT WANTS THIS SETUP: I can't tell you enough that you need to go to Mopar Tech Authority and get the Factory Wiring Manual (and the Factory Service Manual while you're at it). Some may groan about a $200+ purchase for manuals but it will save countless hours of looking online for connector types/part numbers, wire gauges, pin-outs, diagrams, etc. and it will save you money because you're confident that you didn't take a leap-of-faith before you ordered the wrong part. Time is money. There are some really good vehicle illustrations, that are better than any I've ever seen online, of where everything is located. You can also literally get the part number for the manufacturer that made the connector, so you don't have to pay the 4000% vehicle OEM markup.

The one drawback of the USB stick for the manuals is that when you start using it, it's programmed to knock out your internet connection and override a lot of your computer functions to protect the data. I run the manuals on an old spare laptop so I can use my daily laptop to actually search for things online, like where to buy stuff. Rant over and out.
I agree that it is useful but not needed for this installation.
In its simplest form you need this pinout if you can't pull wiring harness from a wrecker's yard.

You need pins 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13 and make a harness. You'll need to modify the harness that comes with the doors (for door ajar sensor) and the correct 14 pin connector that also comes with the doors.

You'll also need the right size pins for the connector.
You don't need the door lock switch and I set my PCM using JScan to auto lock doors. They lock at around 30km/h

CavCircuitGaugeColorFunction
1N00NANO CONNECT
1P91018TN/YLFRONT DRIVER DOOR UNLOCK
2C11020DB/LBMIRROR HEATER DRIVER
2N00NANO CONNECT
3E1218OR/GYPANEL LAMPS DRIVER
3N00NANO CONNECT
4G7520VTDRIVER DOOR AJAR SWITCH SENSE
5G16120VT/DGLEFT DOOR LOCK SWITCH MUX
5N00NANO CONNECT
6N00NANO CONNECT
6P3720LG/TNSWITCH RETURN
7N00NANO CONNECT
7Q1114OR/LGDRIVER WINDOW DRIVER (UP)
8N00NANO CONNECT
8P93018TN/WTFRONT DRIV DOOR LOCK
9N00NANO CONNECT
9P7120TN/DGDRIVER MIRROR VERTICAL DRIVER
10N00NANO CONNECT
10P7520TN/ORDRIVER MIRROR HORIZONTAL DRIVER
11N00NANO CONNECT
11P7620TN/LBMIRROR COMMON DRIVER
12Z91020BKGROUND
12Z91020BK/WTGROUND
13N00NANO CONNECT
13Z91420BK/WTGROUND
14N00NANO CONNECT
14Q2114OR/WTDRIVER WINDOW DRIVER (DOWN)

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I just drove 3 hours on the highway with BesTop twill uppers. The doors are not bad at all. My reference is YJ 1/2 doors, so there is that. I've read stories of flapping against the plastic, but that does not appear to happen on mine. I'm not sure if it is because the uppers are new or not. They are not as quiet as hard doors of course, but they are not nearly as bad as I was expecting based on some threads I've read about them. I very pleased with how they perform on the highway.

I need to get the door locks rekeyed though. I would like to be able to lock the fronts with my key. I keep the rears locked and just reach in if I have to open them. I put the lower nuts on to slow down would-be thieves too.

I'm not sure I will run them in the winter since I have the hard doors.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Mine flap a bit at higher speeds. Just turn the heat/ac on low and the flapping will cease.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
There is a four door sets of half doors black in Austin Texas in eBay that ends in 1 hr and opening bid is $1200! That’s a steal!! Plus black doors match with pretty much any colored Jeep :D
Not affiliated with the seller nor do I know him.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Made the purchase on the twill uppers and they get here this week😃. Got them for $499 a pair thanks to Northridge price match and Bestop is running a $50 rebate! The mopar ones seem to flap excessively and also let water in, so hopefully these dont.

1301 - 1306 of 1306 Posts