Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried lining their top with the Peel And Seal from the speaker mod thread (cheap-o Dynamat) before installing the Mopar Headliner? Seems like this would give an added layer of sound deadening for not much additional cost.

Can anyone see any problems with doing so? Obviously this would be a permanent mod, but the Mopar kit is not meant to be taken down like the Hothead Kit anyhow. Would the adhesive tape stick to the Peel And Seal?

Just looking for everyone's thoughts on this.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Has anyone tried lining their top with the Peel And Seal from the speaker mod thread (cheap-o Dynamat) before installing the Mopar Headliner? Seems like this would give an added layer of sound deadening for not much additional cost.

Can anyone see any problems with doing so? Obviously this would be a permanent mod, but the Mopar kit is not meant to be taken down like the Hothead Kit anyhow. Would the adhesive tape stick to the Peel And Seal?

Just looking for everyone's thoughts on this.
I have the MOPAR headliner, installed it last fall when I put my HT back on. I believe that it made a significant improvement in quieting things down in the cabin. I don't think the Peel n' Seal would be necessary, and I think the smell would be a major offender... my $.02, don't do it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the MOPAR headliner, installed it last fall when I put my HT back on. I believe that it made a significant improvement in quieting things down in the cabin. I don't think the Peel n' Seal would be necessary, and I think the smell would be a major offender... my $.02, don't do it.

Did you happen to notice any improved stereo quality after install?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Did you happen to notice any improved stereo quality after install?
Oh hell yeah! But that has more to do with the PRS+ mod (including sub amp)... Than the headliners. Lol

Seriously it will help... It quiets things down and eliminates all those hard surfaces for sound waves to bounce off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts