Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

Hot enough for you?

Installed a Mopar headliner kit in my JKU over the weekend. Decided to experiment with a time lapse video of the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMcahjn9PZc

You know, for fun! Took about an hour and a half or so, between beers. No major issues. There is a video tip clip at the end of the time lapse. It is definitely cooler to the touch in the sun, but I have yet to experiment with sound tests to see if it is any more quiet. As other's have stated, definite finished look.....

CG

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Great vid. I installed my Mopar Headliner kit while I had the hardtop on my hoist. I had the same issue as you had on my rear panel, couldn't get it lined up and was scared it would ruin the 2 sided tape, but all is well.

I have a Tank HR like you, even the same Grabars with Red handles. :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I failed to mention that, if careful, you can kind of "tack" the panels in place and remove if not just so. I did that in the middle and back. The middle was the hardest panel for some reason..... That two sided tape is Dynamite though! C

·
Registered
796 Posts
Please keep us posted how much/if it helps.
That is the one thing I should have added to my order.:facepalm:

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Great video ---
I just started on mine here in DFW... but it's like 106 so I only got the freedom panels done :) will finish in the AM

We did run to the store and I brought my cheapie laser temp gun...
after 15 minutes in the stores parking lot, the top of the roof was like 127 degrees IIRC...
the inside of the mid roof where I hadn't done the headliner was like 5 degrees cooler - Big Woop !!!!

the inside of the lined freedom panel was like 92 so well worth it !!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After this HOT weekend, I'd say that the interior was definitely cooler. The difference in the sun between uncovered fiberglass and the panels is obvious. Not having that radiating onto your head is a big advantage. And, the AC, we actually kept turning it down, and it was 98F on the dash readout, so easier to keep the cabin cool IMO.

I do not believe adding any extra double sided tape is really necessary. It would only work on the raised sections of the hard top, and Mopar already addresses those sections with their tape, for the most part. And that stuff is STICKY! The only way I could see it ever failing is if someone did not adequately prep the surface. CG

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Agree about the tape - think it's good as is... I did take your hint about temporary tacking it up lightly to position and that worked fine until I reached around the edge to pull it down to reposition and almost lost a fingerprint on that tape :)

Really better sound out of the radio/media now too - we couldn't hardly hear the balance, but between the headliner and polyfill from walmart in the sound bar - weigh betta!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts