Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this mod? I did the Mopar hood lock on my 2014 JKURX and really like a hood lock. I think the Mopar part number is 82215137.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Before you buy the Mopar offering, DO research and consider the BOLT brand hood lock offering for the JL. From what I have read at other JL related forums, many JL owners have went the BOLT route. There must be valid reasons why they went with BOLT.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Looks... comprehensive. I guess at $225.00 it should be. I live in a pretty small world, mostly House to office. Something to consider as a mod though.
Never have too many :)

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good info. Yes, I saw the BOLT version and it helps to hear more folks have installed that one.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Before you buy the Mopar offering, DO research and consider the BOLT brand hood lock offering for the JL. From what I have read at other JL related forums, many JL owners have went the BOLT route. There must be valid reasons why they went with BOLT.
Looks like about 1/2 the price of the Mopar. Rivets into place etc. Says it's still made to use the OE key.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Guess thats a mod i wont be doing. From the pics it looks like it mounts in the same spot that i have my front trail cam mounted

Attachments

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,525 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought the Mopar Hood Lock Kit through Quadratec. I forgot to get the discount first. Oh well. Mine arrives next week.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Stay out of the hood and you won’t need this crap. I wouldn’t put one on my Jeep if you gave me one! Not cutting a hole in my black chrome bug screen. Besides I keep a spare key under the hood in case I ever lost the key. Like that it doesn’t lock. Besides I have insurance for shit like that!:drinks:

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
It seems like Leroy is foggy on whether or not he wants a good lock.....

BTW: Installed last night. EzPz. It would be next to impossible w/o a large HD rivet gun, picked one up for like $14.95 at HF did the job.

Kit came with everything you'd need even if you broke all the OE fasteners. Center panel with a nice perfectly centered place for the lock.
Lock keyed easily and works flawlessly. All good and Hailey @Quadratec made it painless as well.

Now if I can just keep leroy from throwing his slippers at my Jeep .....:)

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got a chance today to finish installing my Mopar Hood Lock Kit. I went with the Mopar kit. The instructions claimed that you must have a dealer pin the lock. It took some time but I did that myself. Yes, that took a few hours of testing all the pins, etc. I did it because I hate dealers. Once that is done the install is about 40 minutes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts