Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed a set of new MOPAR LED headlights today and used the JScan tool to turn on the Quad LED option thru OBD II. Problem is they both still flicker anyway. Any idea why or what I can do?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
were your originaly lights halos or LEDs? I assume regular halogins? you may need the PWM "corrector" to eliminate the flicker

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
were your originaly lights halos or LEDs? I assume regular halogins? you may need the PWM "corrector" to eliminate the flicker

Stock halogens. It’s possible, but I thought turning on the Quad LED code in the computer was the flash for OEM LEDs so you didn’t need anti flicker units.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Stock halogens. It’s possible, but I thought turning on the Quad LED code in the computer was the flash for OEM LEDs so you didn’t need anti flicker units.
not sure what option you selected, but it sounds like you turned on the function called "quad beam" which is what allows hi and low beams to be on at the same time (and possibly also with fogs at the same time), your lights (the halos) are given a PWM signal which is what is causing the flickers as the power signal is being modulated hence your flicker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts