Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer is an aev authorized installer etc. without getting into which is 'best' and which is 'warrantied'....I am wondering about cost comparison (2.5-3 inch all I want) between the two and on road ride quality comparison.

Go....

·
Registered
566 Posts
We paid $2300 installed with tax and everything for the Mopar 77070088 lift. Ride quality is awesome (stiffer, but BETTER), and we measured 2" lift in the rear and 3" in the front. I have never driven the AEV lift but have heard nothing but fantastic things about them.

I am sure will be ecstatic with either...

·
Registered
694 Posts
I've had both, an AEV on a '13, and the Mopar 2" on my current '14 Rubi. Installed the drop brackets on both. Ride to be frank is better with the Mopar but that could be the difference between the shocks. The Fox shocks included with the Mopar lift are sweet. The Bilsteins on the AEV were a tad stiff. Really between the two it would come down to money, I installed both myself so took that cost out of the equation. I love the fact the Mopar came with a new front drive shaft. Some will argue it's not needed, but if you see the clearance of stock versus the included Dana on the Mopar kit you will see why it's there. I wish I could tell you how the Mopar stands up to weight but I have not added my bumper and winch as of yet.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have the AVE 3.5 and I love it. Kit was $1795 and 800 for install. It handles well at highway speed, no regrets. It is stiffer than stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts