Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the Mopar 'Power Dome' Wrangler hood today from the dealer - - inspected it and it looks amazing! Can't wait to get it painted and get it on....

The Parts Employee at the dealership said she was 'pretty sure' but not positive, that the hood takes 'DIFFERENT' hood bumpers and washer nozzles than the stock Jeep Wrangler hood.

Those with the MOPAR power dome.... is that the case? Do I need to order different hood bumpers and washer nozzles ?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
My '13 stock hood came with double nozzles so the transfer was real smooth. The windshield bumper was the same too.

Reactions: JoeFriday

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I haven't a clue about the washers but the bumpers are definitely different.

That said, there's nothing stopping you from using the ones you have if you don't mind how they look. The only difference is that the Power Dome hood ones are about half the height.

I'm gonna assume you never fold down your windshield because who does that?? :D

If you DO want to fold the windshield down, then you'll want the proper bumpers so it sits the way the engineers intended.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My '17 Smokey Mountain came with a power dome hood but there are no bumpers on it, which is OK with me....should mention there are no holes for them either. Daughter has a '16 Sport and we both have the same squirters.

·
Registered
104 Posts
On my DV8 hood the stock nozzles worked. Just a FYI.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I just placed an order for the Power Dome Hood and this is next to the list of items description:

"Both Rubber Bumper Pads (the ones from the factory hood do NOT swap over)"

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a ton guys! I guess I will get the 'kit' that the parts dept gal said I might need - - - sounds like I WILL need at least the 'bumpers.' Appreciate your input.

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
As Spock used to say "Fascinating". I had not noticed a difference, but then I never had my Chief parked next to my '15 Sahara. But, looking just now they appear to be the same as the ones on my '03 TJ. You don't really notice it on the Power Dome hood because of the valley with the vents and ridge around the valley, but the center portion of the dome is higher than the rest of the hood.

Just looked at a head on photo I took of my '15 Sahara when I bought it and the bumpers are taller than either the TJ or the ones on the JK Power Dome Hood. BTW - the JK PDH bumpers are less than $10 a pair on eBay.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The Parts Employee at the dealership said she was 'pretty sure' but not positive, that the hood takes 'DIFFERENT' hood bumpers and washer nozzles than the stock Jeep Wrangler hood.

Those with the MOPAR power dome.... is that the case? Do I need to order different hood bumpers and washer nozzles ?
Nozzles will swap over, you'll need new bumpers as the power dome hood uses a different mounting interface. I found a set on amazon for like $8.50 shipped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts