Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I could get one of these direct replacement accessory satin black grilles? I have checked Mopar online (its in the accessory catalog) and ebay with no luck at all. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Does anyone know where I could get one of these direct replacement accessory satin black grilles? I have checked Mopar online (its in the accessory catalog) and ebay with no luck at all. Thanks!
There's a local guy here in VA who does grille wraps and could probably do yours in Satin black if you wanted. He does excellent work, it's Itchy Pig Creations on Facebook.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to see a pic of that!
I do not have one, but its on the cover of the Mopar Accessory catalog I picked up at the dealership.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a local guy here in VA who does grille wraps and could probably do yours in Satin black if you wanted. He does excellent work, it's Itchy Pig Creations on Facebook.
Thanks Jeff! I am going to try to find the one in the catalog, but I will keep that in mind if I strike out.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
I can of plasti-dip is about $7.00....

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
This may be the only time I second that notion. Not a big fan of plasti-dip -sorry. (Have chuckled at too many rice burners over the years) I just searched all over for something similar. For $279 its not worth it. I'll probably rattle can or powder coat mine- or find one on Craigs list. But not replacing for the $$$$. Or save up some more and go Wild Boar.
Wild Boar Products - Jeep Racks, Jeep Tops and Jeep Accesories<br />

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found one on eBay for half the cost

Well, it's similar anyway. Supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'll post a pic or two.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Installed it today before going to work. I think it looks awesome and the quality of the paint/grille is top-notch. Post pics when its not dark or raining!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pix

Here is the grille from MBI auto, just $148. Very high quality!

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another pic

I added the jeep logo, smoked signals, and weather strip. It came with the lower clips.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Looks good 85CJ.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Looks great. This is exactly what I thought about doing to my billet JKU.

You mention weatherstrip, is this something you have to add with taking the original grille off? Or did you add some additional or need to replace the original weatherstrip?

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
I was going to say the same.

OP is this what you are looking for?

because this cost me like $12

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks great. This is exactly what I thought about doing to my billet JKU.

You mention weatherstrip, is this something you have to add with taking the original grille off? Or did you add some additional or need to replace the original weatherstrip?
This is a new grille and the weatherstrip has to be added. I bought it and the logo at Qtec.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was going to say the same.

OP is this what you are looking for?

because this cost me like $12
Yup, it's the same look. I just don't trust my painting ability to achieve a factory type finish, and a I will eventually have them match the hood with the same paint. So I don't mind paying a little bit for the finish.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wanted the exact same grille. Thought about plastidipp but wanted something a little more permanent. Also wanted to put on a black Jeep emblem and the rugged ridge mesh grille insert. I really didn't want to mess up my factory painted grille. Besides, here in FL, love bugs eat off the paint on grilles while driving. Not sure if the Mopar one you originally posted is different from just a Mopar replacement grille, but either way, it's pricy. So I wind up ordering one from JC Whitney for a fraction of the cost. Plus they got online coupons always going on. Part number: CH1200313. Not sure who makes it, but it is pretty darn close to the factory made grille. Except made in Taiwan. I think Crown Automotive makes a replacement grille too. For all I know, it's the same as the one from JC Whitney. Looks the same in online photos. Seems like everyone these days has stuff made overseas, and slaps their name on it and their own price. I'm starting to notice a bunch of Crown Auto parts are just rebadged Rugged Ridge parts.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts