Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok please don't beat me up or flame me for asking the worlds oldest question, but did anyone get 4 solid inches of lift in the front from the Mopar 2" kit?
Maybe I got the wrong springs is what I worry about now.
I did not buy the kit but piece-mealed it because I installed new Bilstein 5100's shortly after buying the Jeep in May. I still had a teeth jarring ride and discovered I had 2" coil spacers a couple of months later.
After putting the new Mopar springs in I have exactly 2" lift in the rear and just over 4" in the front.
I am attaching some pics with my part numbers and measurements.
I have not touched the bolts on the front factory track bar yet, I have a Rancho adjustable coming in Monday and will swap it then. I am wondering if maybe the track bar could have been tightened while it was lifted and not setting at ride height, but if so could that add 2" of lift on it, seems unlikely.

I don't have a winch or aftermarket bumper, but I weigh 175 and when I sit on the front bumper my measurements go down less than an inch, so I don't think that is it either.

I put the Rancho geometry correction brackets on and the steering and handling is really great now, looking forward to the last piece, the adj. front track bar to get my front axle centered and get the thrust angle perfect.

I have a noticeable negative rake now and I am getting some driveline harmonics at highway speeds I didn't have with the coil spacers.

Can anyone confirm is my front coils are in fact the right part number?
Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics disappeared, and cannot find a way to edit or even delete original post...
Sorry, typical noob!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The front springs are correct for both 2 & 4 doors. The rear is correct for 2 door. On my 2015 2 door I got 3 7/8 in front and 2 1/4 out back with the same springs. That's with winch, steel bumpers, and full under aluminum under armor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
more pics

Measuring against the front hock comes up with the same math.
Post lift 22 & 13/16" minus stock 18 & 1/2" equals 4 5/16"

It is hard to see the rake in this pic because its on a slight uphill incline.

Real answers I am looking for is if I have the same front coil part numbers as others with the 2" JK kit 77070094 2007-2011, and if so did you get 4 and 1/4" inch of lift?
Thanks for bearing with my threaded post.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,468 Posts
the 77070096 is correct for the 2" front coils the rears are different than mine but mine is a 4 door.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum. The front springs are correct for both 2 & 4 doors. The rear is correct for 2 door. On my 2015 2 door I got 3 7/8 in front and 2 1/4 out back with the same springs. That's with winch, steel bumpers, and full under aluminum under armor.

Thanks Lee, that gives me a little comfort, just worry about the vibrations I can sense and definitely hear now. They are slight, but with only 3 days on the new coils I worry about long term wear.. I have 168k miles, she's no spring chicken anymore.

I guess I will have to go find the heaviest bumper and winch I can now ;)
Woohoo (not), more spending on the Jeep!

Thanks again for confirming, I only was able to find one good looking source, and it's the one I based my order on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the 77070096 is correct for the 2" front coils the rears are different than mine but mine is a 4 door.

jamdt, thank you for verifying as well! I feel better knowing that! I had used the install instructions that a member here updated with the correct part numbers, and I was getting paranoid I had ordered the 4" springs by mistake.

·
Super Moderator
22,468 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,468 Posts
jadmt, sorry I can't type .. very obviously!
it made sense to me :). It will settle a little bit over the next couple of weeks. A heavier bumper and winch will also help smooth out the ride in front.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it made sense to me :). It will settle a little bit over the next couple of weeks. A heavier bumper and winch will also help smooth out the ride in front.

Good, I'm looking forward to it settling!
I have a laundry list already just since June of what I have bought.. this definitely has not been a turn key ride for me.
Bought it in May and immediately had to replace 3 calipers, all 4 rotors and all 4 brake pads, and the rear brake shoes, the e-brake handle because the cantilever spring broke, bought 4 new shocks.
The Duratracs on it were from 2014 and rode terrible, so I put Ridge Grapplers on it, love those!!

Last Tues and Weds I did the Mopar rear track bracket, rear end links and all the coils to complete the stage one lift (minus Fox shocks).
Did the Rancho Geometry brackets last Thursday, and the front adj sway bar is on its way along with new end links for the front, because one of the rear end links had to be cut off and the other got dogged up too much taking it off..

Oh and I needed both new front bearings, which, wouldn't you know I screwed up the right inner axle seal re-inserting the drive shaft.. because I didn't research the job and see there are plastic guides in there to help you avoid that..
So I leak axle lube on the right now... I have the seals and I am probably doing those on Monday as well, fair weather days are getting hard to come by in Va lately but should be around 60, not going to have many more of those soon..

I hope I am done after Monday and can just enjoy the ride and stop working on it for a while.. as much as I enjoy doing my own work, I do get tired of it sometimes too!!

So now a winch and bumper is on the the to-do list..
I do love this Jeep, at 47 years old its hands down my favorite ride thats for sure, but my bank account is hating it!!!
COL!!

(crying out loud)

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Mopar stage one 2" front coil part number question

I wonder if you got a 2” 4dr spring set and not a 2” 2dr spring set.
4dr springs are heavier and give more lift on a 2dr.

If the springs you have are MOPAR springs you should be able to search the part numbers on Mopar parts and find the specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,468 Posts

on the mopar 2" the front coils are the same on both 2 door and 4 door and according to his photo he got the correct rear coils.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

If the springs you have are MOPAR springs you should be able to search the part numbers on Mopar parts and find the specs.

JTPhoto, yeah like jadmt said the front coils are the same part #77070096 for JK or JKU though.

I sort of wish now I did have the 4dr rear coils, if the rear was about an inch higher I would be almost level.

I may look into a 1" spacer for the rear, but will give it a little time and add a winch and steel bumper first.

Sort of hoping when I switch out the front track bar Monday I discover this factory one is loaded due to being torqued down when the Jeep was not at ride height, that would be nice if it came down about an inch.. Would go investigate today but I'm going to be taking those bolts out soon enough. I have the 9/16ths correction bolts on the way as well.

The front Upper and Lower control arms are definitely not bound. I loosened all 4 connections for them putting the correction brackets on and they were torqued down at ride height.

I might be making a mountain out of a molehill here, but the negative rake does irk me.

·
Super Moderator
22,468 Posts
are you 100% sure there is still not a small spacer or doubled up on the isolators up front? over 4" is really up there even for stock bumpers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
am 99.999% sure there aren't doubled up isolators, thats because I didn't pull them out, they were jammed in there really good on both sides. The springs are both seated properly in the bottom perch notch, that I am certain of.

I had no issue getting the old springs out by hand, but had to go rent spring compressors to get the new ones in, there was absolutely no way possible to get them in otherwise, had to do a lot of compressing. That I didn't expect since they were supposed to be close to the same height in theory (new vs. old+spacer).
I did take a few pics, wish I had got the tape measure out on them.. looks like I might be taking it all back apart soon, will get some measurements if so then.

Might also switch to OME, thats what I had originally planned to use, but at $167 per axle for OME springs the Mopar ones are a better deal at $177 for both axles, and I assumed greater quality as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
on the mopar 2" the front coils are the same on both 2 door and 4 door and according to his photo he got the correct rear coils.

Well that’s just weird. Every other lift kit I have ever used had different springs between 2Dr and 4dr ie RK 4.5” springs for the 4dr list as 5.5” springs for the 2dr. TeraFlex the same 2.5” springs for a 4dr are 3.5” for a 2dr.
I put a 2.5” 4door lift on 2dr and got 4” total lift.

·
Super Moderator
22,468 Posts

of course these are comparing to brand new Recon coils so taller to begin with and no sag. Yours would be shorter to begin with and after that many miles would have some sag.

I installed installed an AEV 2" spacer lift as soon as I got it home and then replaced with he mopar 2" coils shortly thereafter.

·
Super Moderator
22,468 Posts
Well that’s just weird. Every other lift kit I have ever used had different springs between 2Dr and 4dr ie RK 4.5” springs for the 4dr list as 5.5” springs for the 2dr. TeraFlex the same 2.5” springs for a 4dr are 3.5” for a 2dr.
I put a 2.5” 4door lift on 2dr and got 4” total lift.

yup most are different but not mopar.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts