Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is the wrong section for this, couldn't think of anywhere else (and didn't think it fit in the JK section). So I'm planning on minor accessories to add to my purchase when my JKU comes in next week and I noticed Mopar has a tent with a screen room available that can attach to the rear of the Jeep. I was wondering if anyone had experience with these and if they're worth the $350 price tag, or should I just avoid it and go to some place like REI or something? Here's the tent(s) I'm talking about Mopar.com eStore - Find a Item

·
Registered
201 Posts
My local dealer had one set up over the summer. The quality is somewhere around the coleman brand (perhaps that is who makes it). It's ok, but you can get a lot better tent for the same price or a few bucks more, or about the same quality for a lot less. Granted, they won't attach to the jeep.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My local dealer had one set up over the summer. The quality is somewhere around the coleman brand (perhaps that is who makes it). It's ok, but you can get a lot better tent for the same price or a few bucks more, or about the same quality for a lot less. Granted, they won't attach to the jeep.
Thanks, I figured that would be the case. I was kinda of drawn in by the "oh it attaches" thing, but it's definitely not a high priority. Sounds like my money would be much much better spent as you say on the "same thing for cheaper" or "much better quality for the same price". Glad I had the sense to ask before just blindly purchasing.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Also, one other thing you might think about is that a lot of campgrounds don't allow your vehicle into the area designated for pitching the tent. Some are getting really strict, that tent can only be in that spot they choose. Tried to argue that we wanted the shade from the tree and they said not an option. We decided not to return. 👋

1 - 5 of 5 Posts