Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yep i've got more questions!
okay so with the same sub----http://www.crutchfield.com/s_575P3LS12/Rockford-Fosgate-P3L-S12.html?tp=112

how would this amp be?-----http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17368_Rockford+Fosgate+PRIME+R500-1.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle

and could i still wire it in parallel with the amp being an A/B? i don't even know what the classes on amps mean...

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
is it a duel 4 ohm voice coil or is it pre wired to be 4 ohms?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
um... i don't know the sub is brand new(in the plastic). so nothing has been done to it from the factory till now..

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
just got done looking at their website and it is saying its a duel 2 ohm wired in series to make it a 4 ohm load to the speaker terminals.

if its possible you could take the sub out of the enclosure and re-wire it in parallel giving you a 2 ohm load

·
Registered
142 Posts
if its possible you could take the sub out of the enclosure and re-wire it in parallel giving you a 2 ohm load
not possible. wiring that sub in parallel would give you a 1 ohm load, frying majority of most amps on the market.

that amp will work work just fine. in past experiences w/ rockford my "800 watt" amp put out over 1000 watts. So even though it claims it puts out 320 watts, you might actually be working with more. You'll know if you order it, it comes with a certificate with its tested specs. Besides, Crutchfield says that sub is good with 100-400 watts. It'll be a nice budget setup

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
^wow can't believe i got that one wrong. looooong day

·
Registered
142 Posts
hey 97tj - if you are after some rockford stuff, there's a guy on my local forum that's selling his stuff. I'll copy and paste from his thread:
Rockford P3 10
Box Specs:
32" Width
17" Height
10" Depth

Bringing the internal to approximately 2.25 cu.ft after sub and port displacement

Rockford P325.1
Amp Specs:
325 watts, Punch Series Monoblock Amplifier
RMS Power Output:

4 Ohms: 175 watts RMS x 1 chan.
2 Ohms: 325 watts RMS x 1 chan.

Variable high- and low-pass filters (40-400 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
Wired Punch Bass EQ (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
Focused Mass Heatsink design
Removable connector cover
Special-design TO-247 MOSFETs run cooler than standard transistors
CEA-2006 compliant
Preamp inputs and outputs
8-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
11-3/4"W x 2-1/8"H x 11"D
he's got pics of all the stuff as well, asking $300 obo. I'll PM you his email address if you are interested. The box is basically the same as what you were looking at.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
:) judging from your previous posts I was wondering what was up. Figured it was too early too be boozin already!
its never too early to be gettin sloshed, its called "the hair of the dog that bit ya" and its even better when its your own homemade beer:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts