Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 yj soa on 35s. Recently went up to Beasley in north ga, well I dropped the driver side tire down and well I 1/2 rolled thank to the high embankment ! I want to get more articulation without having to do coil spring. Please help

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hope the jeep is ok! Remove your track bars! Anyone back me up on this im sure you could explane how and what removing them does. All I know is it allows more flex and articulation. Most guys take em off and never put them back on. Iv heard it also dosnt really effect handling at all eather.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I used the RE 1.5" soa springs. The front shocks have 14in of travel the rears 12in. The flex is awesome I scored a 955 on the rti ramp. That was the highest score on leaf springs. All the other YJ scored less then 500. Only person to come close was a old Chevy he got low 700.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Motor vehicle
Not full flex but close.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
op, what springs do you have? if they are stock you might be better served with some custom springs.

I have been eyeing alcan springs with orbit eyes for my future soa. Also check to make sure your shocks are not limiting your down travel.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I used the RE 1.5" soa springs.
Banks316 - Do you have the RE1444 springs up front and RE1445 in back? or one or the other all the way around? I was considering the RE1445 all the way on mine.

Denis

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
short leafs will only get you so far. being tall dose not help either. If you want to get more travel out of the leafs I would go with waggy springs and boom shackles to get your wheel base a little longer. Also a longer leaf spring will want to more naturally compress and droop out. On top of that what shocks are you running? If your shock is fully compressed or fully extended that's going to limit your travel.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
denisbaldwin said:
Banks316 - Do you have the RE1444 springs up front and RE1445 in back? or one or the other all the way around? I was considering the RE1445 all the way on mine.

Denis
I use the 6 leaf springs front and rear due to the weight of my Jeep. RE1445 I think is the part number.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Ibuildembig said:
Judging by how soft my OME's are, I'm betting they will work well too. And for 77 bucks a piece, that's cheap enough
Yes but there not designed for an soa lift. I bent three before going with the Rubicon springs. One was 1993 stock other two were less then 6 month old Crown springs.

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
See that's where I differ....no springs are designed for SOA lift. ALL springs in everything that are on the top from the factory have the eyelets the same way as a jeep spring that's under. The spring doesnt care if its on top, on bottom, or sideways it will still function the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts