Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. When you know more about Jeep than the salesman, time to walk

1. First tried a locate based upon my build specifications. He apparently didn't hear me when I said I want these options and he comes back to something "close". Ie it had no heated seats, no dual top group, no 3.73 and no anti-spin. All things I wanted. He said, I really didn't need anti spin because it has traction control! Really?

2. On to the build sheet which was revised no less than 4 times! "So do you want the body color fenders instead of the black plastic?" Ummm, Saharas usually come with body color fenders. " so you don't want the black fenders?"

3. "I'm confused, you don't want the Body Colored hard top? I thought you wanted the dual top group?" I do want the dual top group, just not the body color hard top.

4. Eliminate the separate heated seats option. I want the leather seats which already come with heated seats. The heated seat option is designated for the cloth seats!

5. Took them two tries to eliminate the 7 spoke polished wheels and oh, you don't what all the premium chrome? Not on my build sheet!

6. The price wouldve been ok, USAA pricing. Severely and I mean severely undercut my trade.

Wow! Dealership FAIL! HELP! Does anyone know of any decent, competent dealerships in the Eastern Pa, NJ, maybe even NY area? :surrender:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Garden City jeep in Long Island New York gave me great pricing, service and really took care of me. Look them up online and check their inventory, they were the only jeep dealer actually advertising the factory rebates when I was looking. Good luck with your purchase, don't worry it'll all be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
In 2007, I purchased a 2006 TJ at Seaview Jeep in Long Branch, NJ (Seaview Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Ocean Township NJ Jersey Shore Chrysler Jeep Dodge | The Jeep Store Ocean Township | NJ Chrysler | NJ Jeep | NJ Dodge | NJ Ram | Chrysler Lease | Dodge Lease | Jeep Lease | Ram Lease). I really enjoyed the experience, and I never felt like I was being swindled. Considering I was 25 at the time and buying my first "newish" car, it was a good place. They were even nice enough to remove the Golden Eagle decals that I didn't want.

That being said - I have not dealt with them since that time, nor did I deal with them in ordering something new. I don't know if they'll be too far from you, however... since you'll probably be looking at a good hour or two to get there.

As far as your complaints, I think more often than not, you will know more than your salesman, especially since they have to know about Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles. It's a lot of information and things may slip. My salesman in VA admitted I knew more, and I was happy to pass some information on to him so that he could help out more people in the future. Just go in and know you probably know more. As long as they're willing to fix the issues (my salesman also didn't know heated seats were included with leather. He also didn't know I had to purchase 4.10 gears with an auto Rubi), I wouldn't get too frazzled about it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
LOL, you are dealing with the exact same thing i went through back in may/june. I went to 9 dealerships and ended up going down to Safford Jeep in Virginia (outside of DC), they gave me an incredible deal and they truly deserved my business. well worth the 3 hour drive.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think the problem with this isnt that you know more then the salesman as much of a problem as the salesman not listening to the customer and not knowing how to search for what he was looking for.
That dealerahip is an epic fail. Sorry to hear about that bro. I can only hope that the dealer I go to will be a heck of alot better when Im ready to buy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Was it Brown-Daub on Hecktown road? I bought a base 2012 JK there, but am going to take it to Smith in Washington NJ. If I have any warranty work to be done. Brown-Daub isn't lift friendly from what I hear, and they will report you to Jeep if you modify. Smith is on Rte 31 in Washington.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In 2007, I purchased a 2006 TJ at Seaview Jeep in Long Branch, NJ (Seaview Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Ocean Township NJ Jersey Shore Chrysler Jeep Dodge | The Jeep Store Ocean Township | NJ Chrysler | NJ Jeep | NJ Dodge | NJ Ram | Chrysler Lease | Dodge Lease | Jeep Lease | Ram Lease). I really enjoyed the experience, and I never felt like I was being swindled. Considering I was 25 at the time and buying my first "newish" car, it was a good place. They were even nice enough to remove the Golden Eagle decals that I didn't want.

That being said - I have not dealt with them since that time, nor did I deal with them in ordering something new. I don't know if they'll be too far from you, however... since you'll probably be looking at a good hour or two to get there.

As far as your complaints, I think more often than not, you will know more than your salesman, especially since they have to know about Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles. It's a lot of information and things may slip. My salesman in VA admitted I knew more, and I was happy to pass some information on to him so that he could help out more people in the future. Just go in and know you probably know more. As long as they're willing to fix the issues (my salesman also didn't know heated seats were included with leather. He also didn't know I had to purchase 4.10 gears with an auto Rubi), I wouldn't get too frazzled about it.
Hi there! Not quite the problem with knowing all the nuances of a Jeep. That would separate a mediocre salesman from a good one! But this guy didn't even know the basic differences from an X to a Sahara to a Rubicon! I would hope that they would at least know that much. Additionally, this guy did not listen nor read my my requirements/build sheet. He also didn't know the difference between the dual top group from the body color hard top. In any event, I will look your reference up and see what they have. Thanks :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the problem with this isnt that you know more then the salesman as much of a problem as the salesman not listening to the customer and not knowing how to search for what he was looking for.
That dealerahip is an epic fail. Sorry to hear about that bro. I can only hope that the dealer I go to will be a heck of alot better when Im ready to buy.
Dude, I really hope when you are ready, you get exactly what you are looking for without this frustration. Get the rig you want!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was it Brown-Daub on Hecktown road? I bought a base 2012 JK there, but am going to take it to Smith in Washington NJ. If I have any warranty work to be done. Brown-Daub isn't lift friendly from what I hear, and they will report you to Jeep if you modify. Smith is on Rte 31 in Washington.
Yep!!!!! It was Brown-Daub. This guy did not know Jeeps at all. As I previously mentioned, I don't expect that they know every nuance because they deal with a lot of different models if you will, but at least know your basics.

Now here is a kicker. I bought my first Jeep there in '08 and they were great! Unfortunately, the salesman that I originally looked for is no longer there. The guy I dealt with went through motions of trying to sell a "car". Also, good to know they are not lift friendly. I will look up Smith as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL, you are dealing with the exact same thing i went through back in may/june. I went to 9 dealerships and ended up going down to Safford Jeep in Virginia (outside of DC), they gave me an incredible deal and they truly deserved my business. well worth the 3 hour drive.
Thanks! I will check them out too. Sorry you had to deal with the same thing. It really is frustrating, isn't it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you're not too far from Glen Mills, PA, I'd suggest checking out David Dodge and Jeep. They have a pretty good selection of wranglers. I ended up ordering one from them because I wanted the Commando Green color. It arrived at the dealership in a month and I received 3% below invoice without a trade. My salesman that I worked with was Jerry DiStefiano and he was pretty knowledgeable about the wrangler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts