Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got the Fox 2.0's for 1.5 - 3.5 inches of lift on the back and front of my 2dr 2015 JK. The rears are shorter than they cab be for the JK... I run Rock Krawler 2.5 2dr coils (1.5 4dr coils) and Teraflex 2.5 inch bumpstop spacers. The rear shocks ride great, are brand new and not going to be replaced because $$, but at full compression there is about 2.5 inches of rear shock shaft exposed, which to me means I have room to play with the upper mount. I am looking to find a 1 to 1.5 inch max upper shock mount spacer to lower the upper mounting level and get more down travel from ride height out of the rear shocks.

anybody have any ideas?

thanks.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those do look intersting for sure, thanks! But i am really just looking for a cheap upper mount spacer to lower the upper mounting point and cost very little. My budget is broken due to looking to order the evo full skid system..

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Teraflex sells a spacer that lowers the top mounting point. With a longer drop check to make sure you don't unseat a spring. I've seen them fall out on a trail when flexing over an obstacle.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, i will check out the teraflex spacers. i run a teraflex upper 1/2 inch coil spacer with the spring guides, that should keep things in place.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Was in kind of the same situation as you with the Fox 1.5-3.5" shocks....there is 9.6" of shock travel, so I wanted the shocks as close to neutral as possible (4.8"). The fronts are at 5" exposed shaft and the rears are at 6.75" so I bought the Synergy lower rear adjustable shock mounts, you have to cut off the stock shock mounts, and they are bolt on, but worked perfectly for me...you can adjust them to .28", 1.09", 1.91" higher than stock.

·
Super Moderator
14,586 Posts
Another option would be to swap out the rear bump stops for a 1" stop. That wouldn't get you more droop, but would increase your up travel significantly giving you a very similar result. Even with the shock extension you are going to have the same amount of travel.

Take off those rear bumps and bolt a 1" hockey puck to the pad and see how it does. Watch for tire to fender contact as that would be the only negative result I can see...

This is 2", but you get the idea:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the extra details on the evo mount, these really do look to be the best option. I wish i could get a package deal with the evo full skid system..!

I would like to keep the current bumpstop as is to keep the extra clearance under the jeep at full compression. I do get he logic behind the idea of less bumpstops though. A good idea but not quite what i am looking to do!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just re-read above and realize the shock mount reference was synergy not evo, i will have a look!

I should also add that i understand he shock will still have the same amiunt of travel with a spacer, or a new mount, it will just be more useable travel!

·
Super Moderator
14,586 Posts
Just re-read above and realize the shock mount reference was synergy not evo, i will have a look!

I should also add that i understand he shock will still have the same amiunt of travel with a spacer, or a new mount, it will just be more useable travel!
Up travel is useable too, if you bump before you have to, you are running higher CoG than needed... Your actual ride height remains unchanged. Something to think about, good luck with whatever you choose. :drinks:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, i understand and appreciate your feedback. Your suggestion would certainly be the most cost effective!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Like KJ, mentioned. The EVO Rockstar are a win win. Should work perfect if running stock fenders and don't need the uptravel. Gain droop. Those TF bumpstops sure add alot of extra BS, for sure. And you gain alot of extra clearance hacking off the rock anchors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts