Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 YJ with new 31-10.50's on it. I don't have the "death wobble" problem but when I let off the gas or sometimes just traveling down the road, mine seems to kinda dart from one side to the other. The po put some 1 1/2" shackle lifts on it, but he bought the most expensive ones on the market. I added an add a leaf kit with the correcting shims. It has been realigned and had a new steering stabilizer on it. It's never been wrecked or off-roaded. It only has 60k on it. The left front brake rotor is sticking sometimes and that might be part of it. Does my steering box need to be adjusted or do I just need to get used to it. I haven't put but a couple hundred miles on it but it gets kinda scarey sometimes. This is not really a predictible thing. help.:banghead:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Check to see that your U-bolts are tight front and rear. I had that problem on a CJ once and it was from the rear U-bolts being loose. The axle would shift when pressure was let off the driveshaft.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything is tight. it just kinda wanders around on it's own. Sparadically. Someone on another post was talking about it doing this if it sits lower in the rear and mine does. ?'s

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Hows the track bar bushings? If these are weak it'll wander a bit. At least mine did.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Track bars don't work the same on a YJ as they do on a TJ. Mine have been taken off long ago and it drives dead straight in the summer when the hard top is off. I do notice a little of what you describe when the hard top is on. Any lift will raise the center of gravity and compound this symptom. If you are running the original springs they may be weak as well which will add to the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts