Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jus purchesed a 95 YJ with the 2.5, ax5. It goes well, but is there any cheap modes that will give more go? Let me know if you guys have any, I am sure you do.

In the next couple of months i plan on adding, 2 inch shackel kit and a 1 inch add aleaf. I am also looking at some 31, 10.5 buck shots.

·
Registered
11 Posts
First off it depends what you consider cheap mods, a cheap mod to me is anything under $200.00 dollars. I find the best way to get the squirels moving a little faster is to start by giving your new Jeep a tuneup. That means spark plugs,wires, cap and rotor, fuel filter, oil, oil filter, and air filter. Depending on where you bought it it might already have these things done to it. If it came from a reliable dealership you are probably ok. If it came from a private owner or one of those shady dealerships we all have in our towns that would be the first thing I would do. Another mod would be a K&N Air filter, Throttle Body Spacer,High performance Coil and Wires. All of these things will help but don't expect to have a ton of horses when your done. The real Horse Power comes from more expensive parts. To give you a better idea order a couple of accessory catalogs from these web sites. www.4wd.com and www.quadratec.com

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
and you can always do an engine swap lol jk...but if you go to 31's if would be a very good idea to look into getting some new gears to restore power after getting bigger tires

·
Registered
11 Posts
bigjeep said:
and you can always do an engine swap lol jk...but if you go to 31's if would be a very good idea to look into getting some new gears to restore power after getting bigger tires
Bigjeep is right, 31's do bog you down on hills, I have a 2 inch lift and bfg 31's and when you go up a hill you feel like someones grandmother because you cant go over 35mph without downshifting and running at 5000 rpms! Thats actually something I plan on doing, but I'm doing a 4inch lift and 33's before I change my gears.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts