Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Forced induction is about the only real option. Some tuning can free up some HP but for any real gain you are looking at a turbo or a super charger.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Having just increased the tire size, I was reading threads on calibration via tuners. That segues into "can I get more power" from a tuner... my findings on this forum are you can gain about 25-30hp with the following:
Tune, 93 octane
True CAI
Cat-back exhaust
Larger throttle body (unconfirmed)

There isn't a good summary or catch-all thread on power increase of the 3.6l. Maybe because it's a Jeep and power isn't everything, or maybe because the 3.6l is alrighty very good. I still can't find a confirmation on power increase for a Superchips Flashpaq.

Either way, I look forward to seeing more responses!

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Most of the time the issue is not with the intake or exhaust. 30hp is not much gain for the money needed for all those parts. Compared to say my S4 which is 3.0L supercharged and with a tune, supercharger pully mod, and better gas is running 450hp (120 hp increase). But, that engine was designed for much more power and purposely held back. The 3.6L doesn't seem to have that much more to give.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts