Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
They look cool, but, frankly, for $130 each, I can think of more pressing needs for my $520 than 4 steps on my unlimited.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The steps I use are the Ace sliders and Barricade also makes a set of steps/sliders that will work with the stock rock rail.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
This could be just the ticket for my wife too. She has trouble getting in when she wears a business suit or skirt to work and we go to lunch. I look forward to your review and pictures.

Hank

·
Official WF thread de-railer
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the step installed. While the price is a little on the high side, it shows in the quality. Very nice piece. It's also very discreet, which is what I wanted. The step itself can be removed with a couple of pins, while the mount stays bolted in place.
My only real concern is using the step with wet shoes. I bought the black model, and the painted surface is sure to be slick when wet. There are some raised holes punched into the step, which should help. If you're careful, it should be fine. I do plan to coat the step with bedliner when it warms up a little to aid with traction.
Additionally, the instructions do not tell you that you have to disassemble the spring loaded mount to get it in place. This was a bit of a pain to put back together, as you have to hold tension on the spring and tap the bolt back through the spring and bolt holes.
All in all I like it, and would recommend it.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts