Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the MORE oil/tranny skid plate and the PS cross member on my 2014 Rubicon X. Both pieces are extremely well built and I am sure they will provide all the protection I need. Here are the pics I took during the install.
Here are the parts fresh out the boxes!
IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg
Just a close up the PS welds.
IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg
This was bent and dropped down about 1.5 inches when I took the bolt out.

IMG_0932.jpg

To be continued...

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Comparing the stock and PS cross members

IMG_0934.jpg
The original took some pretty decent hits.
IMG_0935.jpg
Just to show how deep the dent is.
IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg
I used the mounting bolts to hold it up while I painted it.
IMG_0942.jpg

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The painting begins. I used Dupli-color primer and spray on truck bed liner.

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg
I like the way the spray on liner drys and it is easy to touch up after hitting the trails.

IMG_0946.jpg

Everything mocked up and ready to tighten some bolts.
IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok my last pic for the install.

IMG_0951.jpg

My advice for anyone install either piece. The PS cross member is super easy. Take the old one out and put the new one in, just that simple. The MORE skid plate, well that is a bit more tedious. I mounted the engine brackets first because you don't have much room as it is. I wish I would have drilled the two holes in the cross member before I installed it though. Its hard while lying on your back. The worst part was the driver's side motor mount bolt. Once the skid plate is in place you have no room to tighten the bolt. I finally got a 3/8 inch ratchet with an 18mm socket on there and was able to tighten one click at a time.

Over all I am completely satisfied with the fitment of both pieces. Only two holes to drill for the skid plate and everything else was direct bolt in.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
Looks good. Did the same PS crossmember a couple weekends ago. It's a great upgrade.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Is the crossmember something that needs to be swapped if you have a full skid system in place? I have the rock hard skid and would think that the crossmember would be protected. Am I wrong?

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
Yea I believe a full set up like hard rock covers it. I destroyed mine so I had to replace it. And I don't have the cash for a full set of skids so this was a good start for me.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Thanks social. I figure if it is now safe, I can spend the money elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
You can really see how the exhaust loop hangs down now. Skid Row makes an exhaust loop skid, but it needs to be tied back into the crossmember or you will keep bending it up.

Skid Row exhaust loop skid: Curly Exhaust Guard - for Jeep JK Wrangler - Skid Row Offroad

Here's mine after some modification to tie it back into the crossmember and engine skid:

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jac I like that mod for the exhaust. Will have to look into that next.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts