Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a few posts on this addon but not an entire thread (not sure a thread is warranted but here goes nothing). I really, really like this mod as it gets rid of some of the clutter in the back of the Jeep. Installed on May 24th. Since then I have added a COB LED for night time access. I mounted the switch to the left side of the StorageGate.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
We need details, man. Ease of installation, weight, size, etc.

Maybe the ladies in the room can figure these things out, but we guys need big pictures and small words, lol.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
The light is a nice addition. Probably a must have. I think I would cover the tailgate or maybe entire inside with rubber matt/tool box drawer liner.

Did you have to drill holes to mount it ?

I wonder if there is any space between box and rear seat on 2dr. I carry a cooler daily. Can be a challenge in 2dr with rear seat installed.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
MORryde Jeep Wrangler JK Storegate Tailgate Storage | Retrofit Offroad

The MORryde Jeep Wrangler JK StoreGate Tailgate Storage / Trail Table (Part # JP54-020) is mounted to the inside of your tailgate and installs in just minutes. Secured with several screws and finished with a water resistant bulb-seal, the MORryde StoreGate allows you to get into “sticky” situations all while securing your possessions. This heavy-duty trunk storage solution boasts a mighty 30 lb weight capacity.

The locking door on the MORryde Jeep JK Storegate allows you to store your belongings inside and gives you peace-of-mind whether you are out exploring the path less traveled in a national park, or an isle less traveled in your local grocery store. When the door is open it also works great as a trail table!

FAST FREE SHIPPING!

100% Made In The USA!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We need details, man. Ease of installation, weight, size, etc.

Maybe the ladies in the room can figure these things out, but we guys need big pictures and small words, lol.
Installation was a breeze. The instructions recommend to predrill holes with a 1/8 bit (I broke 3 during the process and only managed to get 5 holes pre drilled) I used the self tapping screws to finish it off. It is light weight, if I had to guess less than 2 pounds.

Con: Although it does lock, I would not leave anything of great value in it. I had it off to wire the switch in the amount of time it takes to remove 8 screws with a drill and a phillips bit.

Con: With the gate closed I can no longer lay my freedom tops down in the rear.

Pro: love the look, cleans up misc items I had laying in the rear, easy install, a place to put my beer while working on mods :)

The light is a nice addition. Probably a must have. I think I would cover the tailgate or maybe entire inside with rubber matt/tool box drawer liner.

Did you have to drill holes to mount it ?

I wonder if there is any space between box and rear seat on 2dr. I carry a cooler daily. Can be a challenge in 2dr with rear seat installed.

I like the idea of adding the rubber mat/liner. Yes, I had to drill holes to mount it. Since the gate does take up most of the tailgate I would assume that it would hit your cooler in a 2dr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts