Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to beat a dead horse but why are 99% of early 2012 orders for Tan and Natural Green ? If these color 2011 jeeps were just sitting in lots all year with no buyers, why did everyone bust their A%SES to get a 2012 in Tan and Green before they were no longer available ?

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
I don't want to beat a dead horse but why are 99% of early 2012 orders for Tan and Natural Green ? If these color 2011 jeeps were just sitting in lots all year with no buyers, why did everyone bust their A%SES to get a 2012 in Tan and Green before they were no longer available ?
Ah, a philosopher! That's just the nature of man: he must have that which he can't have. Marketers know that, too! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
:deadhorse:

This smiley looks like he's hitting a dead horse in the nuts.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi

I ordered a 2012 for the better engine, and for me a Jeep is green and a military vehicle. I ordered a green one before I read that "natural green" will disapear.

I am waiting for the black forest green, if it look to black I might buy me a green Suzuki Jimny instead and cancel the wrangler order.

As a naturephotographer I want a green 4x4

·
Registered
29 Posts
i order Dozer color, i still don't know what color will be(more yellow or orange??) but i happy, since my friend order Blue, so that new color should fit me.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am looking for a sample of black forest green, the closest I've seen is a Hyundai with a color by that name - it was really sharp, but Jeep's take on a color by that name could be completely different.

Any actual samples or pics would be appreciated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm going with the deep cherry red pearl coat I have enough green in my life

·
Registered
114 Posts
Green is my favorite color and the jeep I have now is green but I opted for the Fire engine Red this time.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
i order Dozer color, i still don't know what color will be(more yellow or orange??) but i happy, since my friend order Blue, so that new color should fit me.
I did a re-order yesterday...long story...but here is Dozer and it's what ordered yesterday. Production scheduled to start Aug 8.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
I did a re-order yesterday...long story...but here is Dozer and it's what ordered yesterday. Production scheduled to start Aug 8.
Man that Dozer is nice.
I was expecting Caterpiller or more school bus yellow/orange but I like that.
:wavey:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I did the re-order cuz my build on the original order apparently can't be changed to incl the 3.73 axel...which at the time was incl with Auto/Tow...but not now...blah blah.. This is a backup order and I'm liking it more than the original Tan ordered...but I'll take either if the gears are right.

I was looking the other day at my Kubota tractor and thought...what a perfect color for a Jeep...not that is Orange :thumb: Pretty close, actually.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
I ordered 2012 Rubi JKU in Natural Green Pearl. I feel it's a more classic look (personal preference), and would blend nicely with the tan leather, and any other add-ons I'm likely to include in the future.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ordered my 2012 JKU Sahara in Cosmos Blue. Many people that I have talked to do not like this color but I absolutely love it. I test drove a 2011 in Detonator Yellow because I always wanted either a bright green or yellow jeep. Since there isn't a bright bright green offered I opted for the yellow. Unfortunately even detonator was not a bright enough color for me. So I went with the smurf-like cosmos blue. I am a girl and I love bright colors. Seems like a perfect fit. Though I do like the look of Dozer, now that I have seen it!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
We ordered silver because we aren't keeping this Jeep forever and wanted something that would be easier to sell or trade on a new one in 5 years. We don't want the hastle of having to find someone who wants one of the niche colors over someone who is willing to settle for one at a reduced cost if they aren't popular when we're ready for a new one.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
We ordered silver because we aren't keeping this Jeep forever and wanted something that would be easier to sell or trade on a new one in 5 years. We don't want the hastle of having to find someone who wants one of the niche colors over someone who is willing to settle for one at a reduced cost if they aren't popular when we're ready for a new one.
Silver is one of the most sought after colors in America. Just not in the wrangler world.
Who purchases used wranglers? What niche? Under 30 crowd.
What colors do they usually choose? silver? nope

If you were selling a Mercedes ,you would be right on.(Silver is their color).
But the youth loves the "niche" colors like dozer,Cosmos... And they will 5 years from now.The more it sticks out, the more they like it.

Just trade it in in 5 years.

AJ:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts