Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My YJ has been sitting on jack stands with a dropped fuel tank too long. I need to finish welding my frame caps to fix some rust issues. I haven't been on the forum for awhile. I figure if I post then I can force myself to get working. I miss driving the Wrangler. Give me some motivation, WF!

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Get off your ass and do something!

(did that help?)

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
I'm here to help. :wavey:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Man, got an 88 Wrangler about four months ago. Been turning wrenches on it ever since. Was out rocking it on this past Friday night and snapped the universal joint and bent the yoke. Keep going, it's a blast.

·
Registered
933 Posts
get to work!! or else youll find yourself with a bad case of herpes

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Bet it SUCKS to be driving your other vehicle all closed in on a nice summer day versus your topless Jeep. And your stress is building because your not getting offroad to relieve it---don't let you doctor find out :bottom:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bet it SUCKS to be driving your other vehicle all closed in on a nice summer day versus your topless Jeep. And your stress is building because your not getting offroad to relieve it---don't let you doctor find out :bottom:
My Commander is fun to drive. It has a sun roof, but it is not the YJ. You are right Crafty, it does suck when you think about it.

I worked on it today. My camera was dead so no pics (Sorry Tiny). I need to order some parts to get going. It never ends. I am going to order a new rear cross member. I figure I might as well do it right.

My biggest distraction is a '67 Camaro sitting in my shop. My jeep is over at my dad's whick about 8 miles away from me. I am trying to stay loyal to the jeep, but the Camaro stares at me every time I walk in the door.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Glad to you see you got off your ass. :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ordered some jeep stuff from 4WD today. I have my rear crossmember and everything I need to POR-15 the frame. By the way 4WD has 10% off until midnight tonight. I am feeling motivated. I hope I get everything before the long weekend. Thanks for the motivation gang!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still working on it. You all know how it goes. The project just keeps getting bigger. I am taking my time and trying to do it right. All the junk I ordered got here a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Come on Square.....Without some progress pics everyone's going to think you never actually started......:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will get some pics. I am planning on working on it tomorrow. The jeep is at my dad's so I can't just run out and shoot a pic. Dad has all the cool toys (welder and torch). I took pics with my phone but they are horrible. You cannot even tell what you are looking at. I had about five pounds of dirt and sand that came out of each frame rail. Check your frame.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are some pics/proof of my horrible adventures with my frame. It has taken me a few weeks to get pics, but I have been busy with other projects. Still looking for that motivation.

Here is what I cut off the frame that was bad. This is where the upper rear shackle attaches. This is the driver side. The passenger side had a whole the size of a golf ball. Pic wouldn't upload so I could post it.

This is what the frame looks like now. Cleaned off and cut.

This is the cap that will be welded onto the frame. I have not tacked them on yet. I have to redo the plate where the body mount attaches too.

Passenger side frame cap. Again it has not been welded and is not lined up right in this pic. Just trying to give an idea of what I am doing.

This is how sad the YJ looks righ now. It has been sitting too long.

I ordered new body mounts with the 1 inch lift. I know all the body lift haters don't approve. I wanted to go a head and do that while I had everything apart. I also have a new rear crossmember that will hold the frame all together. I will POR-15 everything once it is welded together.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts