Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about halfway through installing a MML on the Wrangler and it has been a royal PITA!!! I figured it would be a headache but not near what I have faced!! I am going to go back out when I eat supper and try to finish it up, maybe without any more tool slinging rampages!! I have never seen bolts so hard to line back up and bolts so hard for my fat hands to get too. I hate to say it, but I almost wish I would have just paid someone to do this one!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good luck. That's my fear. Getting it apart and not being able to get it back together again.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I was going to finally just have to take them out and leave out the spacers, but (knock on wood) I think I may get it back together ok.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Good deal bro. So did it all work out for you? I hear you big time on the fat fingers thing. Sliced and diced my hands many many times because of that. :D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not yet, I had to quit until I can get another bolt. Somehow I crossthreaded the passenger side mounting bolt trying to get it all lined back up. I had the hole lined up but I still couldnt get the damn bolt started. Oh well maybe things will just fall into place today, sometimes it works like that.

·
Registered
553 Posts
That is the one major advantage to having small hands. I could get in there pretty easily.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I already know that my hands are too large, for delicate procedures like that, and get frustrated, way too easily. I commend you for your effort, and can only wish you a double dose, of patience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts