Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any of you has had to replace your motor mounts, and how difficult was it? I have have a 90 YJ wrangler and the motor mount are shot. The jeep shakes like crazy. I hope the new mounts I ordered from Quadratec make a difference

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Its a simple process with just basic hand tools. Just do 1 side at a time. I used a floor jack and a block of wood on the oil pan to lift the motor.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm about to do mine with 1" lift. I'll report back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 90 YJ with 4.2. I thought it was gonna be simple but the driver side bolt that goes through the rubber is long and hit against my power steering pump. When I tried to loosen the bolt for the pump it snapped without that much torque against it. That turned into a bit of a problem had to drill it out. When I put the long bolt back I put it in from the firewall. Without the unforeseen problems it is a pretty simple job.

·
Registered
577 Posts
It's not hard as long as things aren't all rusty. Also, you might have to remove your alternator to get the pass. side bolt, but still not too bad.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
4 banger I hear are a SOB. my 4.0 was piece of cake. just loosen all hardware to give you the play you need for your new MM. replacing trashed mounts with new is amazing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts