Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it came the time to replace the motor mounts so I decided to go with a taller set in another attempt to straighten up the driveline. As I started looking into it I found a ton of them out there priced pretty much around $100 for a set of 2 regardless if I go with a single piece +1" mount or a set of new own mounts and spacers. In light of that I started wondering which way is better. If anyone had any similar experience I would appreciate the advice on what to do and what not to do in this case.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mounts.

Most guys do a mount lift when putting on a body lift to bring the engine up a little to hide it and help keep wires and what not from stretching. If you go up, you will put stress on the trans mount. The only way to get away from that is to get a transfer case lowering kit because you will throw everything out of wack. I would just replace the mounts with OEM parts and get the 2 piece drive shaft for the rear. :punk:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to clarify (it totally slipped my mind to mention) I have a 2.5" RC SL, .5" shackles lift, 1" BL, & 1" t-case drop. At the moment I have a slight shifting issue especially when cold so the boot is hard as a stone :) and some vibration leftovers. As much as I understand that SYE & CV shaft is the proper way to cure driveline I think I'll try to go with motor lift as the last resort (plus I don't trust much to those are there at the moment anyways).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts