Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did quite a bit of searching and didn't really find what I was looking for.

First question, I have an 03 Rubicon. I have a low end knock so I'm looking at options for replacement. I've seen Golan thrown around, and I also stumbled upon a blueprinted stroker from Jegs.

My only real concern is are either of these direct drop in? I have dealt with motors before in imports that are the same block, but changed up the motor mount points in different years. I don't want to buy a motor, have it shipped, yank the old one, prep the new one, and start to install it only to find the mounts won't line up or something small like that.

Second question regards me t-case. Lost 4-low to the front (still had power to the rears) over the weekend. 2-high and 4-high are still good. Was told that most likely the 4-low shift fork is not longer engaging the planetary gear.

Does this seem like a legit observation?

I'm looking at just rebuilding the t-case myself (I have the tools and given a Haynes manual or Factory Service manual the ability). Will an OEM kit suffice or should I look at upgrading the internals while I am in there? The stroker I run will have forged pistons and either a healthy nitrous shot or I'm bolting a turbo to it. Still undecided. Most likely nitrous so I don't have to screw with bigger injectors, engine management, and all the fun that comes with a turbo kit.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help I may receive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts