Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapping a 6 cyl. Into. 4 cyl jeep. Tranny crossmember or pan has two sets of holes for tranny mount, are they for 4cyl and 6 cyl? Sure would make putting motor mounts or marking the frame for them a lot easier . Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
most folks would tell you go V8 instead of putting a 6 in there because its almost the same amount of work. I don't really have an answer to your question but if your biggest issue is the cross member then you should buy a lottery ticket because you did good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, that's what everyone says. But I also know a few that say they prefer the 4 in the woods because of weight. I split a donor jeep with a friend,I got motor and trans, complete harnesses and computer, pretty much everything except for accessories on the front of motor. He got the rest and sold the frame before I could get the needed measurements for motor mounts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Personally I don't see the big issue with the swap. Other than frame mounts for the motor it's just another R&R . It's all plug and play. Driveshafts and exhaust will be next biggest issues, which really aren't that big

1 - 4 of 4 Posts