Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to adjust a 2150 that is running to rich. The plugs have a lot of soot build up and there is a strong fuel smell while it is idling but it runs good. I know there are two screws under the bottom of the carb on the front that are supposed to be for idle mixture but not sure this is where it needs adjusting.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I have been on there looking and find one covering idle mixture adjustments, can you post a link to the one you watched?
That is all you can adjust, after that you will have to change the jets. Or the power valve!

Reactions: Got it at last

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
I have to go along with Nubby, I have similar setup as you, similar rich smell not so bad as to be irritating, I Bounced around through Youtube and a couple ford forums and found nothing else to adjust for rich / lean but rejetting. Question is once I start changing jets I have to re-tune and timing etc. I am happy with where I'm at, everything is running great.

I guess Clint Eastwood would ask me "Do you Feel Lucky Punk?" I actually feel happy with the engine compartment, time to focus on Drivetrain, Cosmetics, and that irritating Rattle under the Dash.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Just changing jets does not require resetting the timing, yes I would reset the idle air mix, but none of this is hard to do and only takes a few mins..

Reactions: Batjac
1 - 6 of 6 Posts