Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with 600+ views on the thread for last weekend's run I'm guessing most of you know that we almost made it to Mottino, but gremlins got the best of Xjrichard's rig and the trip was a flop. Well, we're no quitters :D so we're headed back again in a couple of weeks.

As mentioned in my previous thread, this trail is not for the novice wheeler. It is more difficult than any other trail in the Big Bear area. Recommendations are as follows: 33" minimum tires (35s or bigger suggested), rear locker at minimum (2lockers suggested) and plenty of protection - sliders, skids, etc. This trail is a real door dinger!

Mottino is accessed via Hwy 38/2N01, east of the Heartbreak Ridge Trail area - off Rattlesnake Canyon. It is unmarked and unofficial so GPS coordinates will not be posted.

We're going to meet at the same place at the same time: SBNF Ranger Station off Hwy 38 just up from Yucaipa/Mentone - 8am (leaving by 8:30), Sunday, Oct. 21st.

Let's go wheelin!!! :dance:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I might be in, there's some other runs coming up so I need to get organized with the wife.
Sounds like a good run....

I've got a tow chain 2" shackles and 31" all. Terrains, the shifter locks me in 4wd so I'm locked. Should I be good....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a tow chain 2" shackles and 31" all. Terrains, the shifter locks me in 4wd so I'm locked. Should I be good....
Ha, ha... You almost had me there. I just searched your posts. :D

It'd be great to have you along. We'll get along just fine with that sense of humor.

With Buck on board we'll have two black 4-Door JK's. Should we wear our Polo shirt collars up or down?... :rofl:

Sorry man. I couldn't resist. :D Hope you make it.

Joe

·
Registered
21 Posts
Baja1ab said:

It'd be great to have you along. We'll get along just fine with that sense of humor.

With Buck on board we'll have two black 4-Door JK's. Should we wear our Polo shirt collars up or down?... :rofl:

Sorry man. I couldn't resist. :D Hope you make it.

Joe
Don't start talkin sh•t man. I wanna finish the do over run.

·
Registered
297 Posts

Joe
Lol I had a play all setup if you went for it... back to the drawing board...;)

I will have a better idea tonight if I'm in, is this the trail from the north side of the range that goes from the valley floor up.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You can get to it from the North or South. People usually run it West to East. Easy to miss if you haven't been before. Wife & I found it at night on the quads, but we knew there had been a run thru it the night before.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is this the trail from the north side of the range that goes from the valley floor up.
I think that might be White Mountain you're thinking of, which is on the North side (I've never done that one, so maybe I'm wrong).

This trail is very short but will take a couple of hours or so. It starts and ends in the Rattlesnake Canyon area. We're thinking of running it forward & then backward, but we're kinda playing that by ear - we can vote when we finish it the first time.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump for the new week... :thumb:

Roll Call:

- Me
- Xjrichard
- JPi4.0 (Buck)
- Bullcrew - maybe

There were a couple of others that wanted to make the last one but couldn't. Where you at?.... :whistling:

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
Baja1ab said:
Bump for the new week... :thumb:

Roll Call:

- Me
- Xjrichard
- JPi4.0 (Buck)
- Bullcrew - maybe

There were a couple of others that wanted to make the last one but couldn't. Where you at?.... :whistling:
I couldn't make the last one, but I'm in for this one!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Baja1ab said:
Where's Stan at?.... :whistling:
I'm here, lurking, and hoping I can make it. The doc said for me to stay out of the off roading for a few more weeks, but its killing me looking at these runs I'm missing!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm here, lurking, and hoping I can make it. The doc said for me to stay out of the off roading for a few more weeks, but its killing me looking at these runs I'm missing!
Well, don't rush into it Stan, but if you happen to feel up to it we'd love to see you out there. :thumb:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update:

- Me
- Xjrichard
- JPi4.0 (Buck)
- Bullcrew - maybe
- BillG.OTD
- JPI1 - (Stan) maybe

:dance:

·
Registered
729 Posts
I would love to do this run, but I need to be a maybe at this point. It's going to depend upon how my jeep build is going at that point in time...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update:

- Me
- Xjrichard
- JPi4.0 (Buck)
- Bullcrew - maybe
- BillG.OTD
- JPI1 - (Stan) maybe
- DTM - maybe
- Yeeper5150

A few "maybes" in there but it looks like we've got a good little group going this time. :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts