Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mottino wash was a busy trail Saturday. We ran it (5 of us) early like trail head at 8am. The. We saw a group on 19 jeeps picnicking at the trail head at around 230. You must have been in there somewhere.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick: I loved it! So far my toughest trail but I think I've finally gotten the hang of clutching it over the rocks. Usually i'm all stressed and worried when I'm near the rocks but not this time - i actually enjoyed it. I'm ready to go when you are!

Adam: we started pretty early and it was empty except for a few motorcycles coming the opposite way. I saw a video from another group that must have been a few hours behind us that had a flop on the trail.

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
Cool video!

What did you think of Motino? I've been wanting to run it. Let me know if you want to go run it again.
Rick, You have never run Matino? Let me know when you want to go and I will join you. Its a fun trail!

I keep forgetting its below the snow level.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ah yea we saw the motorcycles too, must have been right behind us because there were no tracks on the huge rock face that guys on your video did. I wanted to but I couldn't think of a good line. After watching your video I want to try again!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Sure wish I could of made this one. Mottino is a blast. I'm in for the next one hopefully.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Rick, You have never run Matino? Let me know when you want to go and I will join you. Its a fun trail!

I keep forgetting its below the snow level.
I've done it twice, but both were in the JKU, so dying to run it in the LJ. Both times were probably with you. I know the second time you were there. You will probably remember from this pic lol.

Attachments

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
I've done it twice, but both were in the JKU, so dying to run it in the LJ. Both times were probably with you. I know the second time you were there. You will probably remember from this pic lol.
I thought we had.....but yes, the picture confirms it :)

You haven't run it in your LJ and I haven't run it in my JK, so I guess its time!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You did miss a great run Ted.. You, me, Shawn, Bill and Rick will have to do another run in a few weeks!

The drone is a Phantom 3 Advanced.. I only had time to get it up once and is was so windy above about 50 feet it was hard to keep steady.. I wanted to get footage of Jeeps going over some of the obstacles but wasn't able to..

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
At first I thought you ignored me because you were scared of Matino, now I realize it's because you don't like me :flipoff:

Gotta love this forum nowadays.. Bahaha.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At first I thought you ignored me because you were scared of Matino, now I realize it's because you don't like me :flipoff: Gotta love this forum nowadays.. Bahaha.
Actually MoabRubi when you mentioned it I WAS afraid of it! Then shortly after, a friend invited me to come along with their group with promises of lots of spotting, hand-holding, and hugs along the way.. They sweet-talked me into it and I'm glad they did. You just have to sweet-talk better!

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
I thought we had.....but yes, the picture confirms it :)

You haven't run it in your LJ and I haven't run it in my JK, so I guess its time!
Definitely! I've been wanting to run it again for over a year now. My schedule just sucks lately. No Saturdays open until April.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Mottino wash was a busy trail Saturday. We ran it (5 of us) early like trail head at 8am. The. We saw a group on 19 jeeps picnicking at the trail head at around 230. You must have been in there somewhere.
Hey Bud... did you take the big boys line this time? :iamhappy:
Wish I was there this weekend....

·
Registered
678 Posts
You did miss a great run Ted.. You, me, Shawn, Bill and Rick will have to do another run in a few weeks! The drone is a Phantom 3 Advanced.. I only had time to get it up once and is was so windy above about 50 feet it was hard to keep steady.. I wanted to get footage of Jeeps going over some of the obstacles but wasn't able to..
I'm in, I think most of April is open for me. So I guess it really comes down to Rick. Soooo Rick what day works for you?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts