Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been quite a few threads about fire extinguishers and mounts. However, most of them discuss mounting the smaller 1 or 2.5 lbs units. My work is requiring that all project managers that use their vehicles to travel to job sites to carry 4 or 5 lb ABC fire extinguishers. So I am looking for a good mount and mounting location for a 4 or 5 lb fire extinguisher.

Any ideas or recommendations?

Would something like the power tank bracket work? Other similar products?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
You'll want to make it doesn't become a projectile in a collision, so definitely below the top of the seatbacks, either in the back, or perhaps the passenger side footwell?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Extinguisher SHOULD come with a mount. I would put it on the tailgate lying down close to the floor in the event it DID come loose, less chance of missile effect.

Also would allow for INSTANT access in the event...... and most hidden from outside eyes.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got my 5lb fire extinguisher mounted this weekend. Here are pics. I used a Kidde Fire Extinguisher Bracket I got off of Amazon for about $26 + shipping and bolted it into the back passenger side panel. I was able to drill the holes and then take the rear tail light off and reach in to put put the nuts into the bolts. Seems to be pretty sturdy and can get to it pretty easily.

Attachments

Reactions: atxatxatx
1 - 5 of 5 Posts