Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Mounted hi lift jack on hood of jku today, looks great but now when I spray windshield washer fluid it only hits my jack. Anyone have a solution for this since I have to clean windshield daily

thanks

Moe

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I would also say move the jack. I don't get the hood mount jack location anyway, seems like a hole lot of trouble to deal with up there not to mention the windshield washing issue.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have seen washer nozzle relocation kits . Maybe Quadratec ?

·
Registered
414 Posts
i have mine mounted on my hood and have no issues. Maybe flip the jack over so handle is on the other side? Other than that....nothing for ya.

*edit: maybe return whatever mounts you have now and order a different set. I can give you a good link for the ones I got. Only $45

·
Registered
545 Posts
Move the Jack

If you have the 48" Hi-Lift jack, it fits perfectly under the back seats of your JKU. That's where mine is.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Hi All,

Mounted hi lift jack on hood of jku today, looks great but now when I spray windshield washer fluid it only hits my jack. Anyone have a solution for this since I have to clean windshield daily

thanks

Moe
Flip it over and problem solved

·
Registered
496 Posts
I like the hood mount also. I had the same problem. I made a two piece bracket out of .032" aluminum and drilled holes for the oem pisser to fit, along with the hold down bolts. Afixed that to the hilift with a small hose extension. Used wing nuts for easy access in the rare event I need to take the jack off. Viola! Works like a charm. Haven't heard or seen any relocation kits around, but maybe there is. Turning mine around doesn't change that clearance either.
Troy
Btw, having the jack on the hood is perfect. Not the easiest to get off, but def managable. In 3 years up there, it has only been off during oil changes for a lube. I like the way it looks and get tons of compliments. Its out of the way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I like the look of having it on the hood.

Will try rotating handle to opposite direction this morning or like the idea of relocation kit or what getnoff did.

Getnoff,

Can you post some picks of your solution sounds like a great idea

Moe

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm on the road right now. I will shoot a pic and post when I get back friday.
Troy

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi All,

thanks

Moe
I have mine on the hood and have no issues. Make sure the handle is facing the front of the jeep. Otherwise it will block the spray.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you use plastic tubing or aluminum? For now it seems that it works OK just by flipping jack . but if I need more will probably take your route

Thanks

Moe

·
Registered
256 Posts
I like the hood mount also. I had the same problem. I made a two piece bracket out of .032" aluminum and drilled holes for the oem pisser to fit, along with the hold down bolts. Afixed that to the hilift with a small hose extension. Used wing nuts for easy access in the rare event I need to take the jack off. Viola! Works like a charm. Haven't heard or seen any relocation kits around, but maybe there is. Turning mine around doesn't change that clearance either.
Troy
Btw, having the jack on the hood is perfect. Not the easiest to get off, but def managable. In 3 years up there, it has only been off during oil changes for a lube. I like the way it looks and get tons of compliments. Its out of the way.
Do you have the Jack covered? The few times I've left mine on the back rack when I get back from the trail, I start to see rust w a couple rains...

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have a cover over the base (foam). I do get small streaks of rust from rain that comes from the inside of the handle and drips onto the hood occasianally, but wipes right off with my hand. Never a stain tho. Believe it or not, she gets lots of wax at least twice a year which may help.
Troy

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have a cover over the base (foam). I do get small streaks of rust from rain that comes from the inside of the handle and drips onto the hood occasianally, but wipes right off with my hand. Never a stain tho. Believe it or not, she gets lots of wax at least twice a year which may help.
Troy
I keep wd-40 on hand at all times too

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought new ones from the eBay guy cost a third of the price than the warrior ones , have place for lock and I can spray windshield without a problem. Now hopefly I can return the warrior ones

Thanks for all your help guys

1 - 20 of 21 Posts