Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Has anyone installed an aftermarket amp in the factory location? Was looking at alpines 5 channel amp.

Thanks.
Back about 8 months ago when I was researching, I think there was someone that put the small Alpine 5 channel in that factory location and another person in the slot below the steering wheel. I don't have a link.

I am using both locations I mention above and the space behind the glove box because I am running three amps. But my amps are smaller Arc for 4 channel in factory location (no pic) and RF PBR500 under steering wheel Vehicle Car Technology Auto part Electronic device

And RF PBR500 behind glove box Electronics Cable management Technology Wire Electronic device

·
Registered
681 Posts
If it's an auto trans, I've mounted a decent sized 5-Channel amp high up on the driver's kick panel. I was able to use a couple self-tapping screws into the metal dash support that was back there, and it fit very well. Probably wouldn't happen with a clutch pedal there, though.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on the Alpine PDX-V9 and it is nearly a perfect fit from what I have seen. Not sure of mounting location just get. I'll wait till I receive it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
So I got the Amp, does anyone have better pics of where to mount this on the 2011 and up JK's? The pic I found was for the older JK dash where they was literally a door for the Amp.

I just don't see how the PDX is supposed to fit under there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts