Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an aftermarket amp in the factory location? Was looking at alpines 5 channel amp.

Thanks.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Has anyone installed an aftermarket amp in the factory location? Was looking at alpines 5 channel amp.

Thanks.
Back about 8 months ago when I was researching, I think there was someone that put the small Alpine 5 channel in that factory location and another person in the slot below the steering wheel. I don't have a link.

I am using both locations I mention above and the space behind the glove box because I am running three amps. But my amps are smaller Arc for 4 channel in factory location (no pic) and RF PBR500 under steering wheel image-2340178565.jpg

And RF PBR500 behind glove box image-502415305.jpg

·
Registered
681 Posts
If it's an auto trans, I've mounted a decent sized 5-Channel amp high up on the driver's kick panel. I was able to use a couple self-tapping screws into the metal dash support that was back there, and it fit very well. Probably wouldn't happen with a clutch pedal there, though.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on the Alpine PDX-V9 and it is nearly a perfect fit from what I have seen. Not sure of mounting location just get. I'll wait till I receive it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
So I got the Amp, does anyone have better pics of where to mount this on the 2011 and up JK's? The pic I found was for the older JK dash where they was literally a door for the Amp.

I just don't see how the PDX is supposed to fit under there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts