Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the little Jeep amp is under there, but I'm wondering if anyone has mounted a larger amp. I know there is a lot of space right behind that black front plate, but no real supports. The stock Jeep amp is mounted to the side, but I don't know if you could get something like a 10"x9"x2" D-class in the same spot or not.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing

·
Registered
137 Posts
I made a little 1/4” plywood shelf that’s suspended by zip-tied to 3 points under the dash with this 4 channel Kenwood amp mounted to it. I’m running it in bridged mode and running two 6.5” Tang Band subwoofers that are in the under dash enclosures. It works really well.

https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KAC-M3004-Compact-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B00UVWC55A/ref=pd_sim_107_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00UVWC55A&pd_rd_r=7H5AP1BNTCK01FS2FA8M&pd_rd_w=bMtuD&pd_rd_wg=yp1vU&psc=1&refRID=7H5AP1BNTCK01FS2FA8M

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an Alpine PDX-V9 under the steering column. The dimensions for it are 10-1/8'' x 2'' x 7-1/2'', but it's pretty tight. One thing to keep in mind of is how the wiring will be connected. The alpine uses wires with a connector that push in.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I tried to get my JL 900/5 in there but it just wouldn't fit .
I have my Audio Control Lc8i under there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
I know the little Jeep amp is under there, but I'm wondering if anyone has mounted a larger amp. I know there is a lot of space right behind that black front plate, but no real supports. The stock Jeep amp is mounted to the side, but I don't know if you could get something like a 10"x9"x2" D-class in the same spot or not.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005KVEPVO/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1506018041&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=precision+power

Fits, a very reliable amp ran it hard for 2 years, use this for just my components. Think i even kept the stock plate. 2 more amps under glove box for 2 subs under each front seats. Run all wires first before even thinking about test fitting ur amp up there it's gonna get banged around I promise. Run ur wires a little longer so u can maneuver into place once there all screwed into ports. Use plenty of zip ties for wires and to secure amp it's not going to be squared up perfect just get it up there. Maybe get a yoga mat to place on the door frame ur back is going to be right on that lip it sucks.

Other amps I have under the glove box
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007AQ2X4I/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506018609&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=pbr500x1&dpPl=1&dpID=41UBZnLq1RL&ref=plSrch
These fit very nice I have 2 in there with 4 gauge. And 0 gauge ground for the group and excess RCAs tons of room. All depends what u want to do and if u really care about brand name amps. My favorite quote: an amps an amp an amp.

Some thinks to consider first:
-Quality Speaker output/power desired
-Matching amp performance to output^^
-Matching wires for system capabilities & if any system upgrades in the future
-Any special hardware to make system match head unit/rest of system.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
I tried to get my JL 900/5 in there but it just wouldn't fit .
I have my Audio Control Lc8i under there.

LC8i fit?
Awesome. Time to upgrade from my 2, but had no where to mount.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up buying an Alpine PDX-V9 5-channel. Holding it up in the space, I can see that it would be possible to make a tray to hold it, but I don't have easy access to metal and tools that I used to. It would be a good project for someone, and you could probably make some cash like the dude on Ebay selling the under seat mounts for $50+$15 shipping.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I ended up buying an Alpine PDX-V9 5-channel. Holding it up in the space, I can see that it would be possible to make a tray to hold it, but I don't have easy access to metal and tools that I used to. It would be a good project for someone, and you could probably make some cash like the dude on Ebay selling the under seat mounts for $50+$15 shipping.
1/4 abs plastic , no metal ! Super easy !

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Yes I have my LC8I up their it was tricky but it will fit , I still have the 430N for now till I decide on a HU .

Thanks. Will try again. Had trouble getting a LC7i in there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts