Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a Congo Cage for a 2013 JKU and want to know what's involved in mounting to rear bumper. They are just plastic and have a lot of give to them. Do I have to remove the bumper to get to a steel attachment point or something? I can't see gluing them to the plastic bumper supporting the rated 500lbs.
I'd really appreciate it if anyone who has them could give me some feedback on the mounting process before I sink a bunch of money on one. :nonono:

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Congo Cage attaches to the frame in the back, not the bumper, using a heavy metal bracket. The bracket fits between the bumper and body, so it just looks like the bumper is involved.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Congo Cage attaches to the frame in the back, not the bumper, using a heavy metal bracket. The bracket fits between the bumper and body, so it just looks like the bumper is involved.
I checked out the installation pdf as Rufus suggested and it all makes sense now. Are those bolts the only ones holding the bumper on? It looks like the bumper needs to be out of the way to get those brackets on. I need to take the bumper off anyway to get at the screws holding that incongruous silver piece on Sahara bumpers. Don't know why they aren't optional. Why a duck?:wavey:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah, it's just those six bolts. I got my rear bumper off without even using a socket extension...just a basic socket wrench and the right size socket and lying on my back under the jeep with a flashlight. It's very easy and it's not heavy either, can be done completely solo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts