Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I drive a 2014 JKU and I am looking for ways to mount reverse lights without drilling into my stock bumper. I created another thread a week ago on the topic, however I had an idea that might work. Would it be possible to mount two pod/flood lights onto the stock tow hook on the driver's side using roll bar clamps? I was thinking that one would go on each side of the curve in the hook. Any feedback or ideas would be appreciated.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,443 Posts
Easier to do something like this. RC has them for about $40, these are higher:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Personally, I don't know how I would. I guess that may work, but I wouldn't. From your PFP I see you have the factory tail lights which have backup lights built in. If you wanted to improve upon this, I'd just go for a new rear bumper. I just swapped and got a JCR Crusader rear bumper and threw rigid cube lights inside. Great lighting, but not street legal. I use them for off road reversing in rocks. If you wanted a street legal version, they have street legal lights and you can wire into your reverse lights. Many steel bumpers have holes for lights. As of the stock rear bumper, you look out of luck.

The only way I have seen if a mounting pate out of spare tire with lights mounted. Not sure if this is what you are going for though.It would be a plate (you'd most likely drill in) and mount lights facing down.

My rear bumper: JCR Offroad Crusader Rear Bumper for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK
My cube lights in rear bumper: Rigid Industries 202113 D-Series Pro 3" LED Cube Light Pair Flood Beam Pattern
Mounting plate through rear tire: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32849598859.html

i'd say buy a rear bumper and lights, you'll enjoy them down the road. There are much cheaper options that I linked too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts