Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a way to make a JKU's front passenger seat go back another 2 inches or so? Simple mod or a kit?

This is for someone who has reduced flexibility in their leg and can't bend their knees much, making it difficult to enter/exit even with the seat fully pushed back.

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's for the rear seats, I need the front seat to go back further.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, will check it out!

I also took a look today, looks like I could gain 1.5 to 2 inches by moving the track back on the bracket; it's held by 3 bolts per side.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Does anyone know of a way to make a JKU's front passenger seat go back another 2 inches or so? Simple mod or a kit?

This is for someone who has reduced flexibility in their leg and can't bend their knees much, making it difficult to enter/exit even with the seat fully pushed back.

http://www.misch4x4.com/bigboy-bracket.html

I have those on my drivers side. They work great. They make them for passenger side too.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,832 Posts
If its a mtter of getting in, do you have any kind of step rail? If not, that would be a decent investment. My mother in law has MS, walks with a walker but climbs in and out of my Jeep with a 2" lift no problem. I use the CMM handles in the front corner of the door jam and it makes all the difference in the world for her to get in.

There are cheaper versions on Amazon, but you get the idea. Sometimes just having better leverage can help.

https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...ucts/products/cmm-black-inverted-loop-handles

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If its a mtter of getting in, do you have any kind of step rail? If not, that would be a decent investment. My mother in law has MS, walks with a walker but climbs in and out of my Jeep with a 2" lift no problem. I use the CMM handles in the front corner of the door jam and it makes all the difference in the world for her to get in.

There are cheaper versions on Amazon, but you get the idea. Sometimes just having better leverage can help.

https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...ucts/products/cmm-black-inverted-loop-handles
Yes, I have ACE rock rails.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I would think that a metal fabrication shop could make up some extension pieces that could move the seat further back. You would have to pull the seat and see what the floor boards look like say 2" back. If they are level with the current mounting holes then a piece of flat stock with a threaded stud sticking up on the rear and a hole in the front to receive the existing seat/floor bolt would allow the seat to move back an additional 2". If the floor board attachment points are on a raised point on the floor board then this extension piece might need a rear riser section underneath to reach the lowered floor. This might raise the entire seat an 1 inch or so but that shouldn't be a deal breaker.

I had my seats out once for a deep cleaning project and then again to install my ham radio under the passenger seat but I can't remember if the floor is flat or if it varies. The older I get the more my CRS kicks in.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Google ISRI seats. Order a set of seat sliders. they are fairly easy to modify to fit a lot of different applications. We used to install two sets of sliders stacked on top of eachother to move seats farther ahead so you may be able to mount a set backwards. also a great way to raise a seat for short people. You can eliminate the "handle" between the sliders and just manually adjust each side as required.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts