Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here’s the deal. I’m going to graduate this summer from the University of Tennessee in Wildlife and Fisheries Science with a Management concentration. I’m from the Gulf Coast of Alabama and while I like both East Tennessee and South Alabama, I want to go out West (at least for a few years). I've searched and I can't really get a good answer to what I would like to know. My question is where is the best place to move to out West? I’m leaning toward the Southwest because I don’t want to deal with snow and cold weather most of the year, but I’m open to most options. My main concern has to do with vehicle laws, such as tire coverage regulations because my jeep is my daily driver. My specs are in my signature and my TNT fenders have 3” flares. I don’t want to move to a place that is strict on complete tire coverage and I’d rather not have to put a front license plate on either. My custom intake might create come problems, even though it uses a factory airbox from a 93 Olds Ciera. I also would like to live within a reasonable distance from some good wheelin’ trails. Any insight and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if more info is needed, thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Hey Tenn,

Not sure about all the mod laws but seems to be fairly lenient here in Vegas. And there are a bunch of jobs with BLM you may qualify for. Check out USAJOBS.com and look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, like said above Las Vegas is pretty leniant about vehicle specs, unlike Cali. And if you like playing in the dirt without sacraficing 24hour city life then las vegas is pretty decent.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Arizona is the place to be in the Southwest. Tons of great trails specifically for 4-wheeling, due to environmentalists overseeing that other wild parts are preserved. Does that make sense? They want us to have our own spaces...
Also, incredible variety in landscape. High desert (snowplay), low desert (mudbogging), cityscape... also CA, NV, CO and UT only 5-10 hours away. No front bumper or license plate required.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
California has huge tracts (100,000s of miles) of deserts to play on along with mountains and even the beach in Pismo. Having said that. Go to Arizona!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Come on out to California , Los Angeles that is. We could use another tax payer.

On good day my 9 mile commute takes me about 55 minutes, what's one more car.

Gas is just under $4.00 a gallon
I found you a nice bachelor pad in Torrance for you, $1350 per month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts