Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, crew, got an idea I need opinions on. I'm looking toward making my Wrangled into as much as an amphibious vehicle as possible, like the USGS vehicles one would imagine in an emergency. I want to be able to drive through as deep water as possible, for as far as possible. One thing I understand, and I really have no training in automotive technology, I'm more a firearm tech guy, is that it is bad for factors of catastrophe for the exhaust to be blocked or flooded. I am wondering if it would be at all possible, even desirable, to reroute the exhaust to a higher point, like say a MACK truck or HMMVEE has. I plan on putting in a rugged ridge snorkel, and understand there may be issues with the radiator as well, perhaps a computer issue as well. Wondering about figuring out how to encase the engine as well, in a waterproof/water-resistant case that could drain as needed. This will be a long term project, and by the time I get around to doing it, reasonable amounts of money Winthrop at it won't be much of an issue.
Thanks ahead of time for any help and assistance!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I wouldn't trust a Rugged Ridge snorkel to keep water out of my air box and motor, Snorkels fail. You are asking for trouble if you plan to play in water above you headlights. Not worth the $7k to replace a hydro-locked motor IMO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts