Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
Check out the Falken A/T3W, they are winter rated, I have them on my Dually and have performed exceptionally well in winter. Keep in mind that a 35” tire will most likely be a 10 ply tire. So you’ll have to “air down” the tires a bit on your Jeep if you want good traction! When I DD my TJ with MTZ’s I aired them down to 25ish psi and they performed significantly better in snow.

If you’re looking at chains look at the Alpine Super Sport style chains. They are extremely durable, are easy to repair if you break a link and won’t knock your teeth out on your road. I use these off road too, picture is the chains on my Jeep tire. I also carry a set for my truck just in case...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Nobody uses studs in Colorado that I know of. Carrying a set of chains though? Great idea. Says the guy who was rescued by a tractor while camping/hunting with his stock Explorer. I don't know if my Jeep would have handled that snowfall.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Denver's roads have gotten pretty bad. I can see the need for 35's on many of them, but studs and chains may be overkill. 😆

·
Registered
736 Posts
Denver's roads have gotten pretty bad. I can see the need for 35's on many of them, but studs and chains may be overkill. 😆
We may have a snowfall every few decades that 35" may not handle.

Thing about chains is that one can be fk'd without them - in the mountains where the bearded men are.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts