Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello to all the cali jeepers! I will officially be in cali around mid december this year. Pretty excited to hit some trails and hopefully meet up with some jeepers close by! :wavey:

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts
Welcome in advance! Hope to see you on the trails!

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts
Maybe we should hit Nightmare Gulch again before it closes at the end of January. It's not too far north of you, and an awesome trail.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im game, I get to edwards around early december. Just need time to move onto base, then Im sure the wife and I would love to hit some trails with some new people.

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts
Im game, I get to edwards around early december. Just need time to move onto base, then Im sure the wife and I would love to hit some trails with some new people.
The second half of December tends to get busy for people with the holidays and such. Maybe the 2nd weekend of January (1/12/13)?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
This is one jeep infested area that is for sure. Lot of mall crawlers on the base but a few of us wheel. When you get here be sure to inform the Mrs that you are not in the middle of nowhere but the middle of everywhere. Unfortunately with that everything with the exception of Nightmare/last chance is about 2 to 3 hrs away. Which it means it is that far back too.

One place we like to explore is Death Valley, in the winter time of course. No hard wheeling and rock bashing, just epic views with a lot of history and geological features to explore. We also have the Sierra Nevada's to explore which are rich in gold mining history and again, epic views.

Depending on what you like to do with your jeep we have the trails and good people to go with.

With that, welcome aboard and hope to be wheeling with ya soon.

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
When you drive past the "Welcome to Edwards" sign don't believe it. That sign is a liar! Theres still like 10 more miles to go just to get to the gate :rofl:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yeah that west marker is way out there. Been using the southern entrance the last couple of weeks... From the sign to the gate isn't that bad but from Sierra to 120th (back gate road)... DANG! that is a haul.

One thing about living on Edwards is this... Nearest mall is the Palmdale Mall, it sucks but it is there. Round trip from housing eh... 17 miles to Rosamond, then 25 miles from Rosamond to the Mall. Roughly 85 miles round trip. Just so ya know what you are getting into out here. So when ya "go to town" be sure to make it worth your while.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, Ive heard a bunch of stories about it. We plan on living in bas housing, atleast for the first year. We both love to do outdoorsy things, so Im sure we will have a great time there. Ive never really done too much with the jeep. I just got tires/wheels and a lift on it. Usually just go out after a decent rain and get it dirty, but Id love to learn to so some real wheeling

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
We will show the ways of rock crawling out here. Nightmare/last chance is a great place to cut your teeth. That area has a lot more to see and do than just last chance.

Incredible amount of history and beauty out there and seeing it in a jeep just makes it that much better.

The base has a killer outdoor rec dept and they sponsor events, including transpo, quite often.

Let us know when you are here and 'settled'. Then we will take ya to Last chance/nightmare. Don't worry about the name of the trails. For some reason out here the worse sounding the name, the easier the trail. So... when we doing Cake Walk?:D:angel::dance:

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hah, Im excited to make our way out there. Id say probably Jan' will be a good time to start talking trails and going out. Hopefully ill be settled into the base and my job by then as well.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Nearest mall is the Palmdale Mall, it sucks but it is there. Round trip from housing eh... 17 miles to Rosamond, then 25 miles from Rosamond to the Mall. Roughly 85 miles round trip. Just so ya know what you are getting into out here. So when ya "go to town" be sure to make it worth your while.
Don't I know it DAK! I am even farther away than you are! You have to make it a day or it's not worth it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts