Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im averaging 12mpg anyway to get to 15 or 16 mpg.

I have a kn intake superchips programmer set on 87 performance
411 gears 35" tires and auto

any ideas

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
That might be about right. those 35s have a lot of rolling resistance. Otherwise it could be an O2 sensor starting to go bad. Sometimes they won't throw the code right away. But I suspect it's just the low side of normal. Also what type of driving? Mostly city? Especially with 4.11 and 35s with auto. You should really be geared at least 4.88 I think.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark here but I think your problem could be having 4.11 gears and 35" tall tires on a rolling refrigerator.

·
Registered
802 Posts
12-13 DD is what I get.........

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Thats actually pretty normal for that tire size and gearing on a TJ. It's not like it's an aerodynamic marvel.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I think 12 is good for what you're running :wavey:

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
I get about 15mpg with 33's and 4:56 gears. Make sure your odometer is right or your numbers may be off.

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Make sure your odometer is right or your numbers may be off.

That's a very good point. Why didn't I think of that? :doh:

Your programmer should be able to adjust it for you if you haven't already done that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
35's, my friend. That much rubber along with the fact the Wrangler has the aerodynamics of a brick, well.....you're not going to get much better than 12. It's kinda that you can't have your cake and eat it too, thing.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
35's, 4.10s, and 6spd here and Im getting about 12-13 on average but much less if I do alot of city driving or let the Jeep warm up for some time before jumping in.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Regear.. Should help

·
Registered
54 Posts
mine is really bad i have a stock everything and im getting like 10mpg. how many 02 sensors are on a 01 sarah? does anyone know?

·
Registered
11 Posts
^^HAHA!!^^ I just instictively tried to kill the bug in your signature!!

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
mine is really bad i have a stock everything and im getting like 10mpg. how many 02 sensors are on a 01 sarah? does anyone know?
I always thought there were two - one upstream of the cat and one downstream. I think on Cali emissions Jeeps there could be two each way for a total of four. Don't quote me though.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
My 01 had at least 4 and someone had told me there was a 5th but I never checked for that one

1 - 20 of 51 Posts