Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got a 2011 2dr, wrangler rubi....new rims going on next week have it narrowed down to 2 rims just need to choose which one going with the 17" option and they both cost the same price so...

my first choice are these:
Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels

the second are:
KMC XD798 Addict Matte Black Wheels - SummitRacing.com

also if anyone has a shot of there jeep with similar wheels or those specifically some pictures would be apprciated, that aside what rims does the jeep community think better of

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
I have the MT Classic Lock in polished. I want to replace them with the black though. I have always liked the look of the MT on Jeeps, so I'm kinda partial.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
I vote for the XD. Both are nice though. I almost went with the MT Classic II, ended up going with ATX Slot Black.

I like the XD, but pretty sure they don't make a 16 X 8 which is what I needed.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
so i got a 2011 2dr, wrangler rubi....new rims going on next week have it narrowed down to 2 rims just need to choose which one going with the 17" option and they both cost the same price so...

my first choice are these:
Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels

the second are:
KMC XD798 Addict Matte Black Wheels - SummitRacing.com

also if anyone has a shot of there jeep with similar wheels or those specifically some pictures would be apprciated, that aside what rims does the jeep community think better of
Generally, peeps here choose smaller rims (15-16") w/larger tires, since the smaller rims AND tires often cost less than the tires alone would on 17" rims and larger.

Make sense? Talk about a poorly constructed sentence. Sheesh. :nonono:

Anyway, probably the most popular combo on this forum is 33" DuraTracs on 15" MB72 rims. In fact, I believe it's actually called "the combo."

But what do I know, I'm running 16's. :D

I DO think there are some folks running your rim preferences, though. They'll probably weigh in with some pics, eventually.

In the final analysis, it's your Jeep and you should build it the way you want it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i love the way the XD's look but the classic look on the MT's just looks awesome, very off roadie and rugged, thanks for the picture kolector, that black would look sweet on that jeep but that gave me a good idea on how it will look on mine i just have a black 2 dr

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Generally, peeps here choose smaller rims (15-16") w/larger tires, since the smaller rims AND tires often cost less than the tires alone would on 17" rims and larger.

Make sense? Talk about a poorly constructed sentence. Sheesh. :nonono:

Anyway, probably the most popular combo on this forum is 33" DuraTracs on 15" MB72 rims. In fact, I believe it's actually called "the combo."

But what do I know, I'm running 16's. :D

I DO think there are some folks running your rim preferences, though. They'll probably weigh in with some pics, eventually.

In the final analysis, it's your Jeep and you should build it the way you want it.
the main reason i want to stick with the 17 inchers it just the fact that alot of companies arent making tires bigger then 33" for 15 inch rims, im just seeing more possibilities and potential for future mods with the 17" wheels

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and id like to use my stock BFG mud terrains for the moment as i dont have another grand to blow on new tires haha

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
i love the way the XD's look but the classic look on the MT's just looks awesome, very off roadie and rugged, thanks for the picture kolector, that black would look sweet on that jeep but that gave me a good idea on how it will look on mine i just have a black 2 dr
So you're thinking black on black? You got style...:thumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you're thinking black on black? You got style...:thumb:
haha ya id like to have the jeep murdered out eventually, minus the matte black paint because im not getting it repainted lol, i like the way the black on black looks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i wish i could find a picture with a wrangler on XD's i cant even get one on google for crying out loud

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
found one haha, im really unsure of which ones to get now because those XD's look sweet

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Xds, the classics are just a spin off of the original aftermarket wheels people have been using for years. The classics are cool but to me seem played out Xds carry more personality

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Xds, the classics are just a spin off of the original aftermarket wheels people have been using for years. The classics are cool but to me seem played out Xds carry more personality

i was just thinking the same thing, after finding that shot i posted there my mind set on the Classics has swapped right over to the XD's they have a nice look to them for the same price

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love my Classic II's in black. They're purty!:dance:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so in the end i put the order in for the KMC XD's, should be arriving sometime next week or the week after......there on backorder ffs......pics to follow after the install

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts