Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pic's of mud flaps on there JK. My 17" tires though stuff onto the side of the jeep and on the back fender flares.
Also did they come as an option?

·
Bazinga!
1,180 Posts
JK? might get more responces in the JK section, I don't have a pic but have seen the mopar ones (on a JK) they looked pretty sharp.

·
Registered
34,433 Posts
If you go off road you will rip them off. mine came with them and that is what happened.
First time off road they are on.

Now they are gone.

·
Registered
141 Posts
After reading the pros and cons I decided to put them on my 2012 Sahara. They are great! Not everyone who buys a Jeep goes off-road so much of the time that having them rip off will be a problem. I don't like the side of my Jeep coated with dirty **** when I go through a puddle. Here is the north-east this is a problem whenever it snows or rains. Puddled Potholes are everywhere and trying to hose it off when the water hose is frozen is impossible. Trying to avoid the Dirty edge from the slush spray is a problem. At $35 a pair I'll just replace them if they get ripped off.
Besides I think they Look Good as well.
Lew

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: I don't like my doors/sides coated either-

Custom make some "un-noticeable" barriers between the front fender bottom and sliders/steps--

after drivin in 10 mils of snow/mud--nothing on the doors/sides, although some will gather on the rear leading fender--

Nothing will ever tear them off-road-

Just an idea--you gotta makem yourself !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
Or - get removable ones..... TeraFlex makes them.... There is a quick release pin - easy peasy.... :thumb:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Carolyn's got a nice set up with the Teraflex flaps for fuctionality at least. I have the mopar fronts and they work fairly well on road with stock wheels and tires but as others have said offroad they won't last long. I would also mention that I just switched to 285/75R16 tires with new rims that stick out about a 1/4" and I am getting crap on the sides again. I am going to see if my LoD sliders help (if they ever fricken get here) if not I am going the Teraflex route.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Or - get removable ones..... TeraFlex makes them.... There is a quick release pin - easy peasy.... :thumb:
These seem great, can you post photos from other angles. Its hard to determine how far out they stick out, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts