Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one else get disapproving looks from their spouse when you leave mud in the driveway after washing your Jeep?

·
Super Moderator
12,685 Posts
I don't get disapproving looks from Mrs. Lucky, but the guy that cleans the quarter car wash has frowned some. Fortunately there isn't a whole lot of mud to be concerned with here in Colorado.

I have a basic cold water power washer at home. The quarter car wash I go to has more pressure and hot water. It's worth it to me to spend the money there for the hot water.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Huh??

Reactions: ibikee

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
How about on Monday mornings at the office, rainy day.
You can always tell which Jeeper had a fun weekend by the mud outline in the parking lot.

That's my strategy. Leave the mud at work and then wash it in the driveway.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't want to tear up my lawn by driving on it.
It takes me a lot longer laying on my creeper to clean the under side of my Jeep then it does the shiny side.

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
I don't get disapproving looks from Mrs. Lucky, but the guy that cleans the quarter car wash has frowned some. Fortunately there isn't a whole lot of mud to be concerned with here in Colorado.

I have a basic cold water power washer at home. The quarter car wash I go to has more pressure and hot water. It's worth it to me to spend the money there for the hot water.

Good Luck, L.M.
You need to run a hot water hose connection. Worth it!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
No, I had not heard of it but now that I have, I got to look into that.

Reactions: Blue Baby Sound

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anyone tried the Ryobi water broom?

The major problem I see with that is, it will not get the mud out from the skid plates, top of gas tank, frame etc. To me, it's just easier getting out the hose.

I've tried a high pressure pump, but to get the gpm that's needed, you have to go with a high pressure pump, then the pressure is too high. I have a small electric pump, but it does not have the gpm really needed to get all the mud from the underside. A garden hose works best for me.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
That’s the one that threats harm when you wash the jeep in the drive after scaring the dickens outta her off road.

Reactions: broncobill1964

·
Registered
508 Posts
I don't believe that you can use hot water in most power-washers without causing damage to the internals.

[I found out the hard way]

·
Super Moderator
12,685 Posts
That’s the one that threats harm when you wash the jeep in the drive after scaring the dickens outta her off road.
Yep! Mrs. Lucky is a genteel lady, she (almost) never says anything that the pastor shouldn't hear.
One time on a rocky, narrow shelf road as we bounced along and the long and steep drop was on her side, I heard "Oh F, Oh F, Oh F. I started laughing, because I knew we were fine. It was a loop and when we came back down the drop was on my side. I stayed so close to the hill side that I had to buff the brush scratches out of the paint when we got home.

Now, when I say let's go, she asks "Is there any shelf roads?". If I say "Yes", she says "You go. I'll stay home".
She's too cool to threaten harm, but I don't like to go without her, so we go where she's comfortable.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Does any one else get disapproving looks from their spouse when you leave mud in the driveway after washing your Jeep?
I don't have a spouse to give me disapproving looks. However, mothers of the neighbor kids who play in my driveway do. Kids love playing in the sand and mud.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
I get more disapproving looks from the HOA!! :rant:

·
Super Moderator
12,685 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts