Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So raining season is almost here. I was wondering if i go offroading in the rain and go in mud pits and in mud basically would i need shock boots?
Would large chunks of mud affect the shocks without shock boots?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Mud and other junk tends to get caught in the boots when you have them. Your better off without them.
+1. You should thoroughly clean under your Jeep and inside the frame anyway when you are done mudding. Mud and dirt holds onto moisture that promotes rust.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright so chunks of mud hitting the shock part that goes in and out wont affect anything? Wount affect seals nor go in the shock?

·
Registered
111 Posts
No boots.....no problem. Shock boots have little drain holes that always get clogged with mud. I learned this the hard way years ago. I haven't ran boots since.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
alright so chunks of mud hitting the shock part that goes in and out wont affect anything? Wount affect seals nor go in the shock?
Nope, won't hurt a thing. If you have seal problems with mud you need to buy better shocks :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Boots serve one purpose... They almost look really cool on mall-crawlers..

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Yeah, but I don't care for blondes.. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts