Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, what is a good muffler that I can put on my 2014 jkur? I would like to have a more throaty sound. I haven't ever thought you get much hp out of mufflers so that might not be an issue but any little bit would help.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Hey, what is a good muffler that I can put on my 2014 jkur? I would like to have a more throaty sound. I haven't ever thought you get much hp out of mufflers so that might not be an issue but any little bit would help. Thanks in advance.
Flowmaster is my personal favorite. The flowmaster 40 to be exact. Pretty cheap as well. Just make sure when you order you get a 2.5 in and 2.5 out, and it should fit.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hey, what is a good muffler that I can put on my 2014 jkur? I would like to have a more throaty sound. I haven't ever thought you get much hp out of mufflers so that might not be an issue but any little bit would help.
Thanks in advance.
Do a search on YouTube or this forum; for exhaust systems on the newer JKs.
There are several to listen to.
On my '11 JK I am using the aFE 2.5" HiTuck muffler and exhaust system.

This is the exhaust I have only on your year JK.

http://youtu.be/GU9MMdafnRg

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have a Flowmaster cat back high tuck "American outlaw" sound. It wasn't as deep sounding as I was hoping for. Functionally, it's great. Gets rid of the huge stock muffler and is out of the way when on the trail. I don't have any drone.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Do a search on YouTube or this forum; for exhaust systems on the newer JKs.
There are several to listen to.
On my '11 JK I am using the aFE 2.5" HiTuck muffler and exhaust system.

This is the exhaust I have only on your year JK.

http://youtu.be/GU9MMdafnRg
I have seen that video before and I think that sounds good. But I have the afe system and it exits on the driver side and does not have a muffler in the stock location. So I am not sure what that video is of??

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have seen that video before and I think that sounds good. But I have the afe system and it exits on the driver side and does not have a muffler in the stock location. So I am not sure what that video is of??
There are two muffler locations available; one that is in the stock location and the tail pipe exits the passenger side rear and the other has a muffler that mounts on the drivers side and exits the driver side rear.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Do you know what the part number difference is, for everyone's reference? Or is it a 2/4 door thing? Mine was 4 door cat back 49-46218 and it exits on the drivers side and has no muffler in the stock location. 49-46231 is the same system as mine, except the front muffler is 22" instead of 14".

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am mostly wanting just a muffler and not necessarily a system. I have been checking amazon and YouTube but it seams everyone puts on a cat back. I think I just want to replace the existing muffler. Unless that is a bad idea?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Do you know what the part number difference is, for everyone's reference? Or is it a 2/4 door thing? Mine was 4 door cat back 49-46218 and it exits on the drivers side and has no muffler in the stock location. 49-46231 is the same system as mine, except the front muffler is 22" instead of 14".
For the Flowmaster the kit I have is the same between 2&4 door. They are sized for 4 dr. You just cut or don't use one of the pipes.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I am mostly wanting just a muffler and not necessarily a system. I have been checking amazon and YouTube but it seams everyone puts on a cat back. I think I just want to replace the existing muffler. Unless that is a bad idea?
Then you are looking for an axle back system... But the cat backs are only a few dollars more, so most do the cat back.

Not sure about your stock set up, but mine had the front resonator and a huge back muffler. I would think a muffler shop could make you a pipe that eliminats the stock muffler just throw that on back of the stock resonator and have a inexpensive alternative.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts